Senior day/post-season recognition

18 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Had an idea for the student section to recognize the players effort. I’d love to see Chaifetz give the players a standing ovation while the clock runs during the last minute of the season.

This brought back to my mind a couple of things that had been on my mind.

First, will they bring Austin Gilman in on Senior Day, to honor him for his three years of participation?  I think if he's continued attending SLU academically, he should be recognized with his class (just Roby left from the original group, though Hines and Anthony are also in line to be recognized) on the court before or after the game against St. Bonaventure (whenever they choose to have the ceremony — if I had a vote [and I know I don't], I'd do it before the game, to prevent a possible loss from dampening the moment).

Second, if you're Coach Ford, do you push this year's team post-season banquet or event back to May, after Goodwin is permitted again to participate in team activities and be on campus?  Or is there some way of holding the event (prior to that time) where Goodwin could still be there?  I just suspect it would have to be unofficial, then, and no one from the athletics department would be able to attend.

-I don't have a problem with AG being included, might be very awkward moment, however - he did what was best for the program and that was to allow his scholarship to go to someone else

-I used to attend the banquet, was typically a good time, but it has been years since I have done so and I'm not sure when they have it now but including JGood would seem to be a good thing 

-for some reason I am feeling very inclusive today