The Bills over LaS by 4

The Wiz

This should be a Bills win.  As bad as the Bills are on offense....LaS is only slightly better.....And we have them beat on D.  If it is a close game and it comes down to FT shooting....we lose. They have 3 players who are shooting 83%+ from the line. We should also dominate the boards.  If we have any kind of shooting ...we could win by double figures. We need to cut down on TOs. We were doing OK for awhile  but the last 2 games 31....not good.  The opening game of the A-10 we got bombed by LaS....83-60.  They had one of their best games of the season offensively. We had one of our worst. 

Let's look at the report card.........

....................SLU...............OFF.............LaS.....................................SLU....................DEF..................LaS

PPG..............F......................................C- .......................................A- ...............................................D

FG%.............F+......................................D ........................................B-...............................................D

3P%.............F........................................D..........................................D+...............................................F-...10th worst in nation

FT%.............F.......................................A................................................................................................

Reb.............B-.......................................C-.........................................A-...............................................D+

Top performers in the nation

Steals... Goodwin....31st

Blks.......French........58th

PPG.......BJ Johnson...22nd

FT%........Stukes.........100th

Bottomline ....dominate the boards ...out reb them by 7...TOs even....and no more than 11....Stop Johnson....hold him to 15. ....Don't foul....1 and 1s on them will equal 2....They don;t defend the 3....but we still have to make some.

If we don't have a bad game (shoot at an F- rate with lots of TOs)...we win.

LaS can't beat us ...we can only lose to them

Here is the bottom line  from the above post..... my post game comments are in bold print.....

Bottomline ....dominate the boards ...out reb them by 7...Bang he got it....TOs even....and no more than 11........Double bang he got it again....Stop Johnson....hold him to 15....While we didn't stop Johnson....we did contain him by knocking his 45% shooting ave down to 38%. ....Don't foul....1 and 1s on them will equal 2....I am going to give this a pass because even though they took 24 shots....compared to our 39 we didn't foul them much......We had 8 more FTM...and there is the spread...ball game.   They don;t defend the 3....but we still have to make some.   And that's all we did ...some....but just enough

If we don't have a bad game (shoot at an F- rate with lots of TOs)...we win. We did have a bad shooting game BUT a better shooting game than LaS...Ball Game

LaS can't beat us ...we can only lose to them....They didn't beat us and we didn't lose to them.

Here are some  interesting slash lines.........................

51/47/ 79........LaS vs The Bills....12/30/17....Powell 28pts....FG%...12-19...63%

30/ 25/79.......LaS vs The Bills.....2/10/18.....Powell...5pts...FG%....0-12.......0%

Ball game

Tip o' the cap to.... Bess with a double-double...If French and Goodwin each had 1 more rebound...we would have had 3 players with a double- double ...Also French with 6 blks....tieing a freshman record of 51 set by Melvin Robinson in 89-90...this should move French up in the national standings.

Not a pretty game ...but a Good win

A win is a win regardless. The good thing about this win is that it puts us in a fairly decent position 7-6 in conference. We should be able to win all the remaining games with the exception of St. Bonaventure. If we do it, we would be 11-6 prior to the  last game against St. Bonaventure, not a bad record for the year, and one that was hard to imagine at the end of the non conference games.

21 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

completely forgot we got crushed by them earlier. Ford truly does make this team better. We are also like 6-2 with Foreman in the starting lineup

imo foreman should have been starting and playing the lion's share of the minutes at the second big all along.  

17 minutes ago, kappy96 said:

Pestello was there last night pretending to be a fan and posting all sorts of pictures that in the wake of S2 could be considered at best suspiciously timely and clearly beneficial to his image.

He did not sit in his floor seats but I guess he was kissing it up with the alumni players at times.

50 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

He did not sit in his floor seats but I guess he was kissing it up with the alumni players at times.

Fred was seen lurking near the end of the game in the tunnel near the band.  He even was clapping as JG sank a couple of free throws.  The Title IX office may need to send him a notice to discontinue any signs of outward support of the MBB program and revert back to sitting stone-faced in his sideline seats with Mrs P.

4 hours ago, kappy96 said:

I think he would have but he was dealing with a nagging back...

And possibly heart concerns. They put the heart monitor in and his minutes went up. 

Might be a coincidence or it could be Ford was nervous giving a guy with some sort of ticker problems big minutes.

3 hours ago, dlarry said:

And possibly heart concerns. They put the heart monitor in and his minutes went up. 

Might be a coincidence or it could be Ford was nervous giving a guy with some sort of ticker problems big minutes.

I believe that they strapped on a heart monitor, rather than 'put one in'.  A huge difference.  They place electrodes on your chest and you wear the monitor like a cassette for several days. 

3 hours ago, willie said:

Could have been the back or the surgically repaired hip but early on he ran like an old man. 

Foreman was in no shape whatsoever to play extended minutes early in the season.  Yeah, he ran like an old man and was a turn over machine.  Ford did well bringing him along slowly.

11 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Foreman's game really turned around once his doctors started using leeches.

Believe it or not, doctors still use leeches to help cure skin grafts and reattached limbs. I just learned this yesterday because my uncle accidentally chopped his thumb off last week but was able to keep it and get to the hospital. They reattached it and the leeches are supposed to help this process. Not sure if his thumb will ever work again or not, but the leeches are giving it their best.

ANYWAY, Foreman on the bench was a combo of lingering injuries and doghouse, from what I can tell. When he got minutes, Ford had a shorter leash on him than any other player. But he's been a nice boost since he was cut loose, medically and otherwise.

Just now, Pistol said:

Believe it or not, doctors still use leeches to help cure skin grafts and reattached limbs. I just learned this yesterday because my uncle accidentally chopped his thumb off last week but was able to keep it and get to the hospital. They reattached it and the leeches are supposed to help this process. Not sure if his thumb will ever work again or not, but the leeches are giving it their best.

ANYWAY, Foreman on the bench was a combo of lingering injuries and doghouse, from what I can tell. When he got minutes, Ford had a shorter leash on him than any other player. But he's been a nice boost since he was cut loose, medically and otherwise.

Sorry about your uncle. 

I think ford has been pretty honest that he didn't trust Foreman. And once the team went to 1-4, Ford just let him loose to work through his issues. Think it is safe to say that it has paid off. 

On this team of exciting athletes Goodwin, French and Foreman. I will forever insist that of the three Foreman is the most exciting player. I turned to my friend when Foreman got the ball at 3/4 court and said watch this, and sure enough he took the length and dunked it( @Iggy can confirm) Every damn time he has the ball I want him to attack the hoop.

9 hours ago, Pistol said:

The leeches do two things, they secrete anticoagulants that keep the blood flowing into them, and they take care of the swelling in the re attached part. You must understand that the re attached part may have decent arterial circulation going in, but no real way to get most of the blood and liquid that pumps into the reattached part back into circulation, Certainly there are no functioning lymphatics to take fluid out back to the central circulation. The lymphatics and capillaries reform as the reattached piece takes. The use of leeches may be viewed as artificial excess blood removers and lymph removers. If you ever had a large limb skin graft or a reattached part you know it has to be kept up to allow gravity to drain it to some degree, otherwise it hurts like hell when it swells.

Zink and 2010andBeyond like this

4 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The leeches do two things, they secrete anticoagulants that keep the blood flowing into them, and they take care of the swelling in the re attached part. You must understand that the re attached part may have decent arterial circulation going in, but no real way to get most of the blood and liquid that pumps into the reattached part back into circulation, Certainly there are no functioning lymphatics to take fluid out back to the central circulation. The lymphatics and capillaries reform as the reattached piece takes. The use of leeches may be viewed as artificial excess blood removers and lymph removers. If you ever had a large limb skin graft or a reattached part you know it has to be kept up to allow gravity to drain it to some degree, otherwise it hurts like hell when it swells.

I ♥️ you

SLU_Lax likes this

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

On this team of exciting athletes Goodwin, French and Foreman. I will forever insist that of the three Foreman is the most exciting player. I turned to my friend when Foreman got the ball at 3/4 court and said watch this, and sure enough he took the length and dunked it( @Iggy can confirm) Every damn time he has the ball I want him to attack the hoop.

He’s just become so aggressive. He started cuttting to the basket so hard, both with and without the ball. And he can finish with power or finesse. He’s really stepped up his game since entering the starting lineup. 

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said: