Keep Travis Ford

slu72

6 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

Somebody ban Spoonballs18. New member, 3 posts, all worthless, nothing to do with basketball. 

He he just wants a platform to spew his MAGA mob discourse. 

Get him (Spoonballs) the hell out of here.

1 hour ago, ChangeOfPace said:

Can someone link to the post from Santos’ girlfriend?

If you go to Page 227 on the thread titled "Fall 2017 Allegations" you will see them . The first said, "In this day and age, women cry rape as a way to not feel shamed about the hoe activities they partake in. #StopCryingRape #FreeTheThree #SLU." There was then a follow-up one that I cannot find anymore that basically said if you are a student athlete at SLU you may want to reconsider where you go to school based on how they've been treated.

Well, just got my call for annual donations. I respectfully told the girl that called that it wasn't a reflection on her, but with the current state Parks is in, as well as what is happening with the basketball program, I will not be donating ANYTHING for the foreseeable future.

Interestingly enough, her reply was " Actually, I've talked worth several alumnus today, and the way things are around campus lately, and they had the same reaction."

Those that don't want to say this fiasco isn't hurting in the bank roll of SLU is sorely mistaken! 

HenryB and MattyMo213 like this

5 minutes ago, SLUAvtr said:

Well, just got my call for annual donations. I respectfully told the girl that called that it wasn't a reflection on her, but with the current state Parks is in, as well as what is happening with the basketball program, I will not be donating ANYTHING for the foreseeable future.

Interestingly enough, her reply was " Actually, I've talked worth several alumnus today, and the way things are around campus lately, and they had the same reaction."

Those that don't want to say this fiasco isn't hurting in the bank roll of SLU is sorely mistaken! 

I hope you were clear about why you were upset about the basketball team.  Pesty and his gang of neo fems has been dense enough about the whole trainwreck if not specific they might think you are endorsing Friday's announcement.    

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I hope you were clear about why you were upset about the basketball team.  Pesty and his gang of neo fems has been dense enough about the whole trainwreck if not specific they might think you are endorsing Friday's announcement.    

I think me not giving the almighty dollar and my reasoning speaks for itself. Couldn't really go into too much detail

22 minutes ago, SLUAvtr said:

Curious, what has happened to Parks?

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

I would appreciate if you practiced what you preach.

In 4098 posts, counting this one, you might find 5 that mention politics at all, and it's usually something said in jest. At least that's the way I recall it.

10 hours ago, SLUAvtr said:

I think me not giving the almighty dollar and my reasoning speaks for itself. Couldn't really go into too much detail

What Roy is saying is that the powers-that-be may misinterpret the rejection if not specifically articulated.  While you may mean, "The administration's poor handling of the Title IX investigation and excessive punishment of the athletes is the reason I'm withholding my donation," if not succinctly stated, with their biases they may interpret your refusal and reason ("what is happening with the basketball program") to mean something that they hear as, "The basketball program has been bringing in sexual predators and they're ruining the school's image, therefore I'm withholding my donation."

Am I making sense?

Edited by Quality Is Job 1
Omitted an important "not."