Katherine Weathers- hearing officer?

gobillsgo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, keyser soze said:

The team needs the threaten to walk if all are not reinstated... 

No, that would hurt the players and the coach.  Let Rosenblum sue them.  The appeal is probably going to be a joke, but I would come with a full frontal attack.  Gloves are off.  

I can't get over this.  Appointing a social justice warrior as a Hearing Officer - Are you fricking kidding me?  

People need to leave Weathers alone.  She is only doing what her misguided mind is telling her.

Frustration needs to be squarely pointed at Pestello.  Pestello needs to immediately answer to why he appointed her as a Hearing Officer.  Pestello is going to sweat this.  He has got to realize this was a huge mistake.   

8 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

No, that would hurt the players and the coach.  Let Rosenblum sue them.  The appeal is probably going to be a joke, but I would come with a full frontal attack.  Gloves are off.  

I can't get over this.  Appointing a social justice warrior as a Hearing Officer - Are you fricking kidding me?  

People need to leave Weathers alone.  She is only doing what her misguided mind is telling her.

Frustration needs to be squarely pointed at Pestello.  Pestello needs to immediately answer to why he appointed her as a Hearing Officer.  Pestello is going to sweat this.  He has got to realize this was a huge mistake.   

Lawsuits take a long time.....You content with everyone leaving and the program being destroyed?  If there is any other option out there I support it, no matter how much of a long shot it is.   I want  them sued big time but I also want my team.

1 minute ago, HenryB said:

Lawsuits take a long time.....You content with everyone leaving and the program being destroyed?  If there is any other option out there I support it, no matter how much of a long shot it is.   I want  them sued big time but I also want my team.

Out of reactions.+100

According to SLU

"The Title IX Coordinator and Title IX Investigator provide training for all new faculty and staff that will serve in roles such as the Hearing Officer, Appeal Officer, Deputy Title IX Coordinator, or Care and Concern Advocate for the following year. This training provides focuses on an in depth review of the history of Title IX and the accompanying guidance and a detailed explanation of the sexual misconduct policy. This training is designed to provide faculty and staff with the knowledge necessary to serve students who are reporting a Title IX matter or are going through a Title IX investigative process."

What kind of faculty do you think volunteer for these positions?  Pestello needs to make sure these positions are filled with faculty that have proven themselves to be unbiased and fair.  Don't think this happened and that is why Weathers became a Hearing Officer I am sure.

4 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Look, maybe the players deserved the punishment...but, now there is no confidence in the decision.  I couldn't get behind a walkout.  I want the team to win games and be successful.  Life is unfair sometimes, but how is a walkout beneficial?

Again, to my points earlier, this whole Title IX process is fraught with social justice warriors.  These things should be decided in a fair process.  From the surface, I have no confidence that this was fair now.

Well that certainly happened quick. Have to keep your head on a swivel out there these days. 

If anyone needed any more reason that Pestello is incompetent, you’ve seen it with this. 

He continued to empower a person with obvious biases in a role that, if you’re going to follow the process, has to be unbiased. The public relations nightmare that has ensued and resulting loss in financial support is easily grounds for his termination. I’ve never thought he was good at his job, but day by day it is more evident that he is terrible at his job. 

Just now, keyser soze said:

Anybody find her Facebook or Instagram yet?

I'm sure those have been taken down as well. 

It always surprises me how stupid people can be. I was a juror on a trial and we ruled in favor of the defendant because the plaintiff had Facebook pictures (his account wasn't private) showing him contradicting his entire reason for suing the defendant. What an idiot.

32 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

If she has a misguided mind, then she shouldn’t be in the position to destroy people’s lives. The fact that one person is allowed to make this decision, is a joke in itself.

I want the players to stand up to SLU and I want SLU to pay the consequences for how they handled this. I also enjoyed witnessing Weathers crap her pants and delete her twitter. But do her social media left leaning dense cues really mean anything?

Who doesn’t have left or right leaning bias? Can it really be legally determined that her social media posts influenced her decision? 

And lastly, while I’m frustrated with Pestello’s turtle self, can we really criticize him for giving Weather’s the case? The buck stops with him, and institutional failures (this one included) fall on him. But i would hate to have my social media snooped by my boss.

1 minute ago, 615Billiken said:

I want the players to stand up to SLU and I want SLU to pay the consequences for how they handled this. I also enjiyed witnessing Weathers’ crap her pants and delete her twitter. But do her social media left leaning dense cues really mean anything?

Who doesn’t have left or right leaning bias? Can it really be legally determined that her social media posts influenced her decision? 

And lastly, while I’m frustrated with Pestello’s turtle self, can we really criticize him for giving Weather’s the case? The buck stops with him, and institutional failures (this one included) fall on him. But i would hate to have my social media snooped by my boss.

Weathers has clearly proven her political and social leanings in the past, and according to many accounts, the University was put into severe liability by her previous actions.  So yes, Freddy either clearly knew, or he is even more incompetent than believed (which would be astounding), and should not only be held directly accountable, but terminated immediately.  Then the board needs to be held just as accountable.

Long time lurker and Bills fan who's been getting progressively more vocal on Twitter about Pestello's incompetence. Always been supportive of SLU and talk highly of my experience there, so I hate seeing my alma mater driven into the ground. I'm realizing we need to rebuild from the ground up as we have a full blown systemic failure on our hands, meaning Pestello and his cronies need to be driven out. We may be playing a bit out of our ballpark here, but if there ever was a chance to put heavy pressure on an administrative change, this is it. To those of you with the screenshots, send those things in with the backstory to national media (Fox News, CNN, USA Today, NYT, anyone who'll listen) and see if we can't put the full court press on this. As always, Roll Bills!

<can't get over this.  Appointing a social justice warrior as a Hearing Officer - Are you fricking kidding me?  >

Mirroring all that's happened in D C last year and a day. The Lunatic has taken over the asylum and put foxes in charge of every hen house. Be it HUD, Education, ecology, internet on an on.

Weathers is our Devos and her ilk.

rgbilliken likes this

11 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

I want the players to stand up to SLU and I want SLU to pay the consequences for how they handled this. I also enjoyed witnessing Weathers crap her pants and delete her twitter. But do her social media left leaning dense cues really mean anything?

You really think Fred didn't already know she was a radical feminist?

9 minutes ago, almaman said:

<can't get over this.  Appointing a social justice warrior as a Hearing Officer - Are you fricking kidding me?  >

Mirroring all that's happened in D C last year and a day. The Lunatic has taken over the asylum and put foxes in charge of every hen house. Be it HUD, Education, ecology, internet on an on.

Weathers is our Devos and her ilk.

I’m sorry, but the wheels to this were set in motion long before November of 2016. But nice try.