My small theory on the situation

Just now, Band Legend said:

I think the best opportunity for some type of reversal is that the persistent accuser is remorseful about the harsh punishment and decides to flip some or all of her testimony.  Probably wishful thinking.

This thought crossed my mind.  Agreed, it's wishful thinking, but THAT would be the new or relevant information that would have an impact. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Again, I don't think it's a winning argument for the appeal, but has merit in court. No way this panel essentially outs their colleague/boss as someone who is a bigot or discriminates. Finally, we're all assuming that Weathers was the one in charge of this investigation but none of us know that.  Hell, Weathers might not have been on the investigation and could be on the appeals panel for all we know.  

Maureen Holland was the outside counsel/investigator, Weathers was the hearing officer.

6 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

I think the best opportunity for some type of reversal is that the persistent accuser is remorseful about the harsh punishment and decides to flip some or all of her testimony.  Probably wishful thinking.

image.thumb.png.073933d80ffc844502dac62884f65cf5.png

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Maureen Holland was the outside counsel/investigator, Weathers was the hearing officer.

Understood re: Holland, but do we have confirmation that Weathers was the HO on this?  I have seen Gardner's tweet listing Weathers as a Hearing Officer, but I don't believe we know if she was the HO for this investigation.  

7 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Understood re: Holland, but do we have confirmation that Weathers was the HO on this?  I have seen Gardner's tweet listing Weathers as a Hearing Officer, but I don't believe we know if she was the HO for this investigation.  

Rosenblum fed that info to Gardner. I believe that because I don't see how Gardner would have known who at Cozen ran the investigation. So I think it is fair to assume Rosenblum gave him the name of the actual hearing officer for this case.

The fact Holland's name was included is interesting.  

30 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Holland started serving as the interim Title IX coordinator at Baylor on Dec 7.  I would think that would mean SLU actually got her investigative report before that date.  

On 12/4, Stu said that SLU expected to receive the report within a week, so this lines up. That means it took over 6 weeks from the time SLU got the report until they provided the parties with a Notice of Outcome.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

On 12/4, Stu said that SLU expected to receive the report within a week, so this lines up. That means it took over 6 weeks from the time SLU got the report until they provided the parties with a Notice of Outcome.

And this could open up a viable argument that the failed/improper process had a material impact on the punishment.  Namely, if the decision had come in a timely fashion consistent with established practice, the impacted students could have sought enrollment at other universities, but due to the delay, they did not have that opportunity and the punishment is unduly prejudicial/harsh. 

What the hell was going on in that time period?  Rosenblum said he had received and reviewed the final investigative report on 12/27.   That is 3 at least weeks between SLU getting what they got from Holland and SLU giving a report to Rosenblum.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-jeez, I'm not sure how much higher this pile o' crap can get but it continues to grow

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

What the hell was going on in that time period?  Rosenblum said he had received and reviewed the final investigative report on 12/27.   That is 3 at least weeks between SLU getting what they got from Holland and SLU giving a report to Rosenblum.

Depending on what exact date SLU received the report, yeah, it's about 3 weeks between SLU getting it and Rosenblum receiving and reviewing it. Then about 3.5 weeks between his receipt and review and the final Notice of Outcome.

Depending on what exact date SLU received the report, yeah, it's about 3 weeks between SLU getting it and Rosenblum receiving and reviewing it. Then about 3.5 weeks between his receipt and review and the final Notice of Outcome.

Stu needs to correct his timeline on STLToday.  http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/timeline-of-slu-s-title-ix-investigation-updated/article_4d1dbc63-1d6b-52aa-a044-c16b2a8b795a.html

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

im crazy confused.  I guess my question and only real concern right now, how long do have to keep whoever the 4th thats playing right now? Only 10 days from last Friday?

-it would make sense that since it appears SLU dilly-dallied with the investigation they will deny the appeal in very short order, probably record setting time

46 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Tomorrow is the Athlete Honor Roll ceremony - which means Chris May and POSSIBLY Pestello will be on the court.

Pestello being on the court tomorrow would be interesting at most schools. But at SLU there won't be enough people there and the fans who are there will be afraid to make any kind of a statement. 

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Pestello being on the court tomorrow would be interesting at most schools. But at SLU there won't be enough people there and the fans who are there will be afraid to make any kind of a statement. 

I know you would prefer not to go but we could use your voice tomorrow if pestello is on the court.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Maybe he knows his clients are in a bad place (nothing new with his high profile clients in the past). He's stalling to get us as much JG as possible? If he'd gotten back to them on the 5th maybe no triple double for us.

2 hours ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

All should attend tomorrow.  Make your voices heard.  After the appeal, do what you want.

ALL SHOULD ATTEND tomorrow if only to support the team.  Believe it or not, this is a big game.  VCU is an opponent with national recognitition that, until late, we have had an intense rivalry with.  This would be a great win for the program on national TV.  Wins - and a chance to potentially win the conference - put even more pressure on the administration to revisit the intensity of the punishments. Do it for Roby - kid has seen a lot and this is his final season.