GDT: SLU v. UMass - Ford's Return

SluSignGuy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

What is happening?!?! Was Goodwin actually a Rosenblum 3 as speculated? Was he Rogers' client? Maybe he was Rogers' client and Rosenblum truly has no clue what sanctions he received? Did we falsely assume the 4th accused individual was a basketball player? So many questions now. There has to be something we don't know about the situation as it pertains to Goodwin. School didn't impose an interim suspension on him. I've heard from several people he never got moved off campus. He was sent to the Spirit Week event to represent the team. He is the only one allegedly involved still allowed to travel and play. It makes absolutely no sense. There is no way a guy who was expelled or suspended pending an appeal would go back out there today. This is so bizarre.

If by some change Goodwin gets out of this unscathed perhaps this isn't the program's death rattle. If he can be saved, Gordon can be saved, and we still can be good next year. I hope this is the case. I no longer know what to think.

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

I’m pretty sure Goodwin is going to play through the appeals process. Why wouldn’t he?  He’s already used his eligibility. 

But why would Goodwin be allowed to travel during the appeals process while the others suddenly aren't? Was he kicked off campus yesterday like the others? Seems unlikely at this point. He's still all over SLU AD's official website. Why has he been treated differently all along? None of this makes any sense.

2 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

But why would Goodwin be allowed to travel during the appeals process while the others suddenly aren't? Was he kicked off campus yesterday like the others? Seems unlikely at this point. He's still all over SLU AD's official website. Why has he been treated differently all along? None of this makes any sense.

Are the others not on SLU’s athletic website??

It’s SLU, that’s your answer.  What a effing joke of a school.

5 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

I wouldn't get to excited. I would guess he's just playing while they make a pointless appeal. 

I'm going to watch and enjoy this game because I'm betting it's the last one he play in.

Holy crap this has me in a pissy mood.

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever said:

Hope Goodwin drops 30 in his last Probably 2 games. Time to send a message to the university.

That isn’t going to send any sort of message... are you serious?  A message would be literally be all the players walking off the court and forfeiting. I almost wish they would do that. 

12 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Goodwin is playing through the appeals process. Not sure there's much else to see here

Can someone play through the appeals process if the appeal has not yet been filed? My guess if that the Attorney’s have not yet officially filed the appeal.

Edited by ChangeOfPace

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

That isn’t going to send any sort of message... are you serious?  A message would be literally be all the players walking off the court and forfeiting. I almost wish they would do that. 

I’d be fine with it too. Make this a men’s issue and open up a national discussion on what consensual sex actually means. Something positive could actuallly result from this

Just now, gobillsgo said:

I'd love for all of them to come out and place the jerseys of their fallen teammates on the bench, then walk off the court in protest. That would send a message.

I'd love for all of them to come out and place the jerseys of their fallen teammates on the bench, then walk off the court in protest. That would send a message.

I get everyone is frustrated but “fallen teammates” is like maybe... a bit too much