UMass over the Bills by 4

The Wiz

I am going to forego the usually analysis because their are too many unknowns at this point.  I  came up with this spread a few days ago but I wanted to wait as I heard a decision  on S2 was coming before today.  It is interesting to me that Vegas has come up with the same line I have.  It seems they are not quite sure what to do either. If Goodwin plays tonight (because of the appeal) ...then theoretically nothing has changed ....but in actuality everything has changed.  Besides the fact that players are permanently missing now....what effect does this have on the remaining players?  ...On the coaching staff? ....  Plus the overall effect on the fan base and media .

It is never a good idea to put too much weight on any one game during the regular season...BUT...This game is important as it will define the rest of the season. A win bodes well for the Bills. A loss in the neighborhood of 4 pts shows we may continue to struggle but we will be able to finish the season competitively.   A bad loss (double digits) may indicate the season is slipping away.

I leave you with a quote from an  All American  in basketball and laude Boston U grad plus US  Olympian star Deborah Miller Palmore who said.....

There are no free throws in life, even when you get fouled.

A great win

UMass is a C team ,,,same as Duq ....same as The Bills.   As you know though we have dominated these last 2 teams. ...which means,  recently we have been playing at a higher level.  I didn't write a full analysis of this game  due to the turmoil.... However , I had also done a trending run over the last 5 games which showed us playing at a B level. I have been calling this "the Foreman effect"   While he has been a big boost both in production and depth ...we also have the stepped up play of Goodwin...which I will call the "Good win  syndrome" (nearly 3 triple doubles in that span)......great wins that are turning into "Good wins".  Using the trend line of the last 5 games I was showing a win by the Bills of 6 pts over UMass.  If this trend line is real ...it will take me 4 more games to blend them together as one....ie to show that we are real and not an artificial blip. I hope I have 4 more games without any major lineup changes.

So here is why we won.....52/ 39/ 33...Great numbers...winning numbers ( the FTs didn't matter cause we only took three)  In addition to a great slash line....we dominated on the boards....37 vs 25.... and finally big D...we shut them down....35 /27/ 60.  They are a good 3 pt shooting team ( B ) ...F today.   On TOs we had trouble in the 1st half with 9  but fixed it in the 2nd half with a very good 5.

For those needing some good news,  if we can continue to play at this level,  there would only be 2 or 3 more losses for the rest of the season....which means 8 or 9 more wins.  We have to make it through the next 4 games without any major lineup changes  to bring the current line and the trend line together.

Hmmm....if I could only forecast our lineup going forward.

4 hours ago, David King said:

IMHO, it is the Bills defense that is winning these games.

I agree/  After the Mason loss, Ford said the D was terrible...it was as though they forgot how to do D.....So they worked on it and the D went from pretty good to great.  Let's hope they don't forget again 

The next 2 games will be good tests.  The team seems like it is starting to gel on Off and D.  The next 2 games will tell the tale of the tape....Gel or Jello

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

A great win

UMass is a C team ,,,same as Duq ....same as The Bills.   As you know though we have dominated these last 2 teams. ...which means,  recently we have been playing at a higher level.  I didn't write a full analysis of this game  due to the turmoil.... However , I had also done a trending run over the last 5 games which showed us playing at a B level. I have been calling this "the Foreman effect"   While he has been a big boost both in production and depth ...we also have the stepped up play of Goodwin...which I will call the "Good win  syndrome" (nearly 3 triple doubles in that span)......great wins that are turning into "Good wins".  Using the trend line of the last 5 games I was showing a win by the Bills of 6 pts over UMass.  If this trend line is real ...it will take me 4 more games to blend them together as one....ie to show that we are real and not an artificial blip. I hope I have 4 more games without any major lineup changes.

So here is why we won.....52/ 39/ 33...Great numbers...winning numbers ( the FTs didn't matter cause we only took three)  In addition to a great slash line....we dominated on the boards....37 vs 25.... and finally big D...we shut them down....35 /27/ 60.  They are a good 3 pt shooting team ( B ) ...F today.   On TOs we had trouble in the 1st half with 9  but fixed it in the 2nd half with a very good 5.

For those needing some good news,  if we can continue to play at this level,  there would only be 2 or 3 more losses for the rest of the season....which means 8 or 9 more wins.  We have to make it through the next 4 games without any major lineup changes  to bring the current line and the trend line together.

Hmmm....if I could only forecast our lineup going forward.

If that happened and we got the 9, that would make us go 19-12 (12-6), correct?