Who decided to change the decision at the last minute?

brianstl

It is clear to me after Rosenblum’s comments today that someone with a ton of power/pull at SLU stepped in right before the sentence was originally going to come down and got it changed.  The players were moved backed into on campus housing and where even all displayed in a picture on an offical SLU account. Someone forced a change in the punishment between last Thursday and now.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is clear to me after Rosenblum’s comments today that someone with a ton of power/pull at SLU stepped in right before the sentence was originally going to come down and got it changed.  The players were moved backed into on campus housing and where even all displayed in a picture on an offical SLU account. Someone forced a change in the punishment between last Thursday and now.

Brian:

I will say this, I spoke with someone who would know what was going on.. the prevailing belief was the situation was much to do about nothing but the investigation was warranted based on the environment we are in today sexual harassment and assaults, it was college kids being dumb.  So yes something must have changed.. curious to know how much the investigators findings differed from the hearing officers ruling.. how much did the accusers family play a role..

Just now, keyser soze said:

Brian:

I will say this, I spoke with someone who would know what was going on.. the prevailing belief was the situation was much to do about nothing but the investigation was warranted based on the environment we are in today sexual harassment and assaults, it was college kids being dumb.  So yes something must have changed.. curious to know how much the investigators findings differed from the hearing officers ruling.. how much did the accusers family play a role..

Unconstitutional? Where are all of the lawyers here to explain the potential implications of tampering/bias by the accuser's party

8 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

Yeah I thought it was interesting how this came down so suddenly after the players retweeted "#FreeTheThree". Maybe that one dude was right that kept saying if we chanted something at the game it would hurt the players?

I always thought that fool was someone from the university using a pen name... hopefully his IP get subpoenaed ..

I heard before the Richmond game from someone connected to the Board of Trustees that 3 would be suspended and 1 expelled. I even mentioned after that the 4 players (not 3) were all at risk. 

I don’t think the decision was changed. I think it was predetermined a long time ago. It’s a terrible shame the timing ensures the kids suffer even greater damage as they could all be in new schools by now. 

2 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

I heard before the Richmond game from someone connected to the Board of Trustees that 3 would be suspended and 1 expelled. I even mentioned after that the 4 players (not 3) were all at risk. 

I don’t think the decision was changed. I think it was predetermined a long time ago. It’s a terrible shame the timing ensures the kids suffer even greater damage as they could all be in new schools by now. 

Then why did they move the players back to on campus housing?

Because SLU is incompetent. I could definitely be wrong too as I was just hearing whispers. 

What I still can’t get over is the girls did WAY more than consent. According to Rosenblum, there is clear evidence the group sex was a fully premeditated decision by them. It was not a spur of the moment thing by them. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

How do you know they were moved back to on campus housing? When did that come out?

6 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

How do you know they were moved back to on campus housing? When did that come out?

"Rosenblum said the campus invesetigation took longer than it should have. Federal guidelines urge schools to conclude cases within 60 days, which would have been late November in this case. He also said university processes failed his clients when they were moved out of their on-campus housing, then moved back in and eventually back out again — all while the investigation was in process."

It was in the Post article.

21 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

This makes sense. Coach Ford telegraphed this after the Richmond game.

15 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

This makes sense. Coach Ford telegraphed this after the Richmond game.

If this is true, it makes the past 2 games from Goodwin even more incredible.  Nearly putting up 2 triple doubles in a row with this hanging over his head knowing a suspension would be coming down would be amazing focus / determination.

5 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

The prior knowledge of the decision theory doesn't make sense. If they knew this punishment was coming, they all would have transferred.

They need to be kicked out in order to have a chance to play immediately next year at their new school. 

I also cannot swear it’s true. I just heard it and it being accurate on one expulsion and that all 4 would be punished increased  its credibility to me in hindsight. I mostly dismissed it because of it mentioning 4 players being harshly punished. 

Either way, it hardly matters now. 

1 hour ago, Spoon-Balls said:

From what I heard a professor was appointed as the hearing officer for a case with a SLU swimmer. Weathers must be the go to for larger cases like this. If so, it is an absolute travesty. Why is there not a committee with multiple people instead of this one, obviously biased, feminist?

It gives Rosenblum a good argument to say the process was tainted.  That can be argued in the appeal process.  Leave it to SLU’s Keystone Cops to flub it.

GoBills73 likes this