New Soccer Coach???

Billy Ken

Are the title IX folks also in charge of hiring a new men's soccer coach? It's Christmas and we still don't have a coach, is anyone else concerned? Or know what's going on? I know from very good sources Chris May said he was going to get a big time coach, so maybe that's the hold up. Hopefully so! Merry Christmas to all!

almaman likes this

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

He just signed a 5 year deal when Ford was hired. No NCAAs for all programs the last 3 years. The question is how hot is his seat

Given the current admin’s seemingly apathetic attitude towards the athletic program, I’m guessing May has a job until he decides to leave. 

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Given the current admin’s seemingly apathetic attitude towards the athletic program, I’m guessing May has a job until he decides to leave. 

The administration has always given the soccer program the short end of the stick.

The Billikens job isn't that great if a job anymore I fear.

8 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

Yeah. I would assume that they are loosing major ground on the recruiting trail right now. But then again, I'm not 100% sure how soccer recruiting works.

Well they obviously can't get anything done during Christmas break.

I'm sure they will start the search again once the next semester starts.  They probably have more important stuff to do right now like drink hot chocolate and look at Christmas lights. 

If I was a parent of one of the players I'd be more than upset that there wasn't a coach in place, everyone is in limbo. I heard the job has been turned down by multiple candidates and as of right now it's back to square one. If this is true that is so bad. I think I'm getting to the point where I'm caring less and less about SLU in general because of how the whole place keeps shooting itself in the foot all the time! Sorry just feeling down on soccer situation and MBB situation. Very upsetting.

NextYearBill likes this

Neighbors up northwest are making an upgrade to one of the best soccer facilities in college soccer:

http://gocreighton.com/sports/2015/10/24/Development_Morrison.aspx?prl=636366809379327934

No coach.  No MLS in the "soccer capital of the US".  Hate the feeling that we are quickly seeing the demise of any potential for SLU to reassert itself as a national power.

27 minutes ago, SLUBALLS said:

Neighbors up northwest are making an upgrade to one of the best soccer facilities in college soccer:

http://gocreighton.com/sports/2015/10/24/Development_Morrison.aspx?prl=636366809379327934

No coach.  No MLS in the "soccer capital of the US".  Hate the feeling that we are quickly seeing the demise of any potential for SLU to reassert itself as a national power.

I get the feeling that we are trying to throw money at a coach instead of throwing money into the actual problem which is facilities. I’m sure the coaches are turning it down because there’s not enough commitment there. 

TaLBErt and TheChosenOne like this

9 hours ago, WUH said:

Creighton really is all in on soccer.

Their commitment to the sport is second to none.

CU’s director of soccer operations is a Jesuit priest; amazing and we have denied our roots by hiring a layman in every sense of the word as our university president. Creighton truly dominating. 

WUH likes this

Another reason little old Creighton, from small market Nebraska, made the Big East while SLU from the 20th largest TV market did not...  Winning men's basketball games will sure help, but our sports program overall (has not appreciably improved... and may have decreased) over the last 25 years.  Where is the funding for our sports program.  Remember when SLU was a national power in volleyball b/c of our hiring the right coach?  Now, we seem to have solid coaches for men's basketball and baseball and our women's basketball appears to be in good shape but not much of anything else.  Sad.

Bobby Metzinger likes this

24 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Another reason little old Creighton, from small market Nebraska, made the Big East while SLU from the 20th largest TV market did not...  Winning men's basketball games will sure help, but our sports program overall (has not appreciably improved... and may have decreased) over the last 25 years.  Where is the funding for our sports program.  Remember when SLU was a national power in volleyball b/c of our hiring the right coach?  Now, we seem to have solid coaches for men's basketball and baseball and our women's basketball appears to be in good shape but not much of anything else.  Sad.

Anne Kordes - she was almost selling out Chaifetz when the Penn States and Stanfords of the women's volleyball world came to call. One of the best coaches to ever don Billiken Blue in any sport.