OT: Porter out for the year

billiCAN

17 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You CAN be a fan of both programs!!!!  You can like Sprite and Sierra Mist, Blondes and brunettes, jello and pudding. However there was a lot of Mizzou bashing, and even Tilmon bashing when he got arrrested. You bash Tilmon for a minor offense and then we have to jump off that moral high horse and deal with Situation 2.  But the Billiken should STILL be winning. Only 2 of the three players were eligible to play. We have 8 scholarship players, and 6 yrs ago we saw Mizzou win 30 games with 7 scholarship players. You don’t lose to Detroit with 7 players. And Martin has the Tigers sitting at 8-2 with mostly Anderson holdovers

Please, Tilmon, Porter and Blake Harris are all starting and playing major minutes.  Adding two stud posts and a quality, quick, starting point guard certainly helps with the hold over role type players.  

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You CAN be a fan of both programs!!!!  You can like Sprite and Sierra Mist, Blondes and brunettes, jello and pudding. However there was a lot of Mizzou bashing, and even Tilmon bashing when he got arrrested. You bash Tilmon for a minor offense and then we have to jump off that moral high horse and deal with Situation 2.  But the Billiken should STILL be winning. Only 2 of the three players were eligible to play. We have 8 scholarship players, and 6 yrs ago we saw Mizzou win 30 games with 7 scholarship players. You don’t lose to Detroit with 7 players. And Martin has the Tigers sitting at 8-2 with mostly Anderson holdovers

if this doesnt prove vtime is a true billiken fan i dont know what does. 

To be a fan of both programs is one thing.

To bump a dead thread, knowing very well what the reaction would be, is quite another. There's a word for that: Trolling.

This is a shame. I used to stick up for STLHI because despite his asides, he's a fan. But the troll behavior is getting old.

My weekly reminder: THE IGNORE LIST FUNCTION WORKS EXTREMELY WELL and I just added one to it today.

Littlebill likes this

59 minutes ago, Pistol said:

To bump a dead thread, knowing very well what the reaction would be, is quite another. There's a word for that: Trolling.

This is a shame. I used to stick up for STLHI because despite his asides, he's a fan. But the troll behavior is getting old.

My weekly reminder: THE IGNORE LIST FUNCTION WORKS EXTREMELY WELL and I just added one to it today.

I concur.  It has become obvious that STLHI relishes a reputation as a troll.  He goes out of his way to protest any accusation that he's not a Billikens fan.  I don't doubt that he roots for both programs, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't also love getting under the skin of Billikens fans.  He obviously does.  I guess it's like joning.

I still don't think he should be banned, but it might help if other posters would recognize how he's entertaining himself through their indignation and stop "feeding" him.  If people stop responding to him (aside from the reaction badges), he may lose interest.

30 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I concur.  It has become obvious that STLHI relishes a reputation as a troll.  He goes out of his way to protest any accusation that he's not a Billikens fan.  I don't doubt that he roots for both programs, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't also love getting under the skin of Billikens fans.  He obviously does.  I guess it's like joning.

I still don't think he should be banned, but it might help if other posters would recognize how he's entertaining himself through their indignation and stop "feeding" him.  If people stop responding to him (aside from the reaction badges), he may lose interest.

You're admitting he loves trolling. That should be reason enough for a ban. Being a fan of both SLU and Mizzou, as absolutely distasteful as that is, is not a reason to ban someone. That's what "ignore" is for. But you just acknowledged he's trolling for fun. That should be an automatic ban.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

My ignore function DOES NOT work for some reason. I have a bunch of users that continue to pop up. 

1 minute ago, prebilliken said:

My ignore function DOES NOT work for some reason. I have a bunch of users that continue to pop up. 

When you go into your Ignore settings, make sure you're ignoring posts and not just signatures, messages, or mentions.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

At first it did annoy me a little being called a troll because I legitimately wanted to be accepted here  and was just posting about players I felt were legitimate Billiken level recruits or D1 players of interest. I didn’t think that was trolling. However, now being considered a troll no matter what I post and having a post limit that often spans multiple days, I stopped caring what people think. I post in the game threads as a fan and speak my mind.  Many of you are way too sensitive. We live in St. Louis where people are murdered every day, but you’re up in arms in protest of once in a blue moon Mizzou mention. Life is a lot harder than that.

5 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

At first it did annoy me a little being called a troll because I legitimately wanted to be accepted here  and was just posting about players I felt were legitimate Billiken level recruits or D1 players of interest. I didn’t think that was trolling. However, now being considered a troll no matter what I post and having a post limit that often spans multiple days, I stopped caring what people think. I post in the game threads as a fan and speak my mind.  Many of you are way too sensitive. We live in St. Louis where people are murdered every day, but you’re up in arms in protest of once in a blue moon Mizzou mention. Life is a lot harder than that.

Why do you care about Mizzou basketball when you could be trying to solve the international crisis happening in Yemen? This is a SLU sports forum, obviously the focus of discussion should be SLU sports. If I wanted to talk about crime in St. Louis I'd head over to the cesspool that is Fox2 Facebook comments

majerus mojo likes this

9 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I didn’t start the thread, someone else. Why can’t we discuss OT things in an OT thread? Why would anyone get mad about OT things in an OT thread? Why do we go to an OT thread and get bad about the subject matter being OT?

You dredged up a thread that had been dead on this board for more than two weeks. Even your guardian angel on the board is FINALLY starting to recognize you for the troll you are.

STL Hoops is a high school basketball fan who is either paid or feels the need to market local guys to the St Louis basketball community. Maybe the goal is to help these guys get noticed so the can obtain any type of scholarship.  Some may be below SLU standards and others  might be exactly what SLU needs. Based upon the number of high school players and the limited number of scholarships at SLU and elsewhere, there are bound to be a lot more guys who would be interested in SLU but whom SLU may not have interest in.  STL confuses the local basketball community with being a fan of Billiken basketball.   Maybe by design to their names out to one of us who might pass the name on to someone at SLU.  No doubt STL will watch with great interest, as local guys like Goodwin and Gordon play for SLU and as local guys consider SLU among other choices such as Mizzou. 

6 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

STL Hoops is a high school basketball fan who is either paid or feels the need to market local guys to the St Louis basketball community. Maybe the goal is to help these guys get noticed so the can obtain any type of scholarship.  Some may be below SLU standards and others  might be exactly what SLU needs. Based upon the number of high school players and the limited number of scholarships at SLU and elsewhere, there are bound to be a lot more guys who would be interested in SLU but whom SLU may not have interest in.  STL confuses the local basketball community with being a fan of Billiken basketball.   Maybe by design to their names out to one of us who might pass the name on to someone at SLU.  No doubt STL will watch with great interest, as local guys like Goodwin and Gordon play for SLU and as local guys consider SLU among other choices such as Mizzou. 

You get me.

And I love you.

23 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

This would have made more sense if you wrote in blue font. His primary agenda is advocating SLU offer 3rd rate local recruits. He wants the top local recruits to go to Mizzou or other BCS programs. He conveniently disappeared from the board right when SLU was on the verge of signing its biggest local recruit since Larry Hughes. It was crickets from vtime.

3 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I ant top local recruits to ONLY go to SLU and Mizzou, but when I ran a recruiting service I was working with the kids that weren’t high major and just needed help with recruiting.  I haven’t run a service like they in almost a decade, so as a fan, I want the best to stay home.

So you want McKinney, Hargrove and Liddell at slu and slu only.  And will campaign along with all of us for them to all be billikens right?

45 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

So you want McKinney, Hargrove and Liddell at slu and slu only.  And will campaign along with all of us for them to all be billikens right?

I think the coaches need to read this.  Because McKinney and Liddell are receiving a lot more interest from other programs.

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Because McKinney has no interest in SLU. 

yeah but vtime said he wants all the big recruits to "stay home".   slu is the only "home" d1 program.  

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I ant top local recruits to ONLY go to SLU and Mizzou, but when I ran a recruiting service I was working with the kids that weren’t high major and just needed help with recruiting.  I haven’t run a service like they in almost a decade, so as a fan, I want the best to stay home.

So you got paid to try to get SLU to sign third rate local players... pretty well sums up why you've had a little credibility issue on the board.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:41 AM, teamarete said:

Please, Tilmon, Porter and Blake Harris are all starting and playing major minutes.  Adding two stud posts and a quality, quick, starting point guard certainly helps with the hold over role type players.  

We have 2 stud freshman starting in Goodwin and French.