OT: Porter out for the year

billiCAN

16 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

It is depressing. Both DGB, #1 recruits in the country and both done prematurely.

You crawl out from under your rock for this non-sense? I thought you were all about the St. Louis area kids? A lot of great stories right here at SLU with local kids. Goodwin off to a solid start. Gordon, who your sidekick 314 thought would NEVER sign with SLU, actually did.  BTW, we missed you on the board on signing day. :D And if you like a good underdog story, what about former walk-on Aaron Hines getting some key buckets in the second half to help SLU beat an ACC team at Madison Square Garden. 

Instead, you are depressed about a kid who is not from St. Louis who is likely to be a lottery pick? And some fool from the football team bums you out? :rolleyes:  

You're all about the St. Louis kids, right Vtime?

Zink and RiseOfTheBillikens like this

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

I find it hard to believe someone would undergo any kind of back surgery if it weren't necessary. Too many risks.

It sounds like a difference of opinion. Reportedly Mizzou medical staff didn't think surgery was needed. Family got a 2nd opinion and chose a different route. With an estimated 3-month recovery, doesn't sound as severe as it could have been.

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

It sounds like a difference of opinion. Reportedly Mizzou medical staff didn't think surgery was needed. Family got a 2nd opinion and chose a different route. With an estimated 3-month recovery, doesn't sound as severe as it could have been.

Sounds like Daddy Porter is even smarter than I thought 😂

5 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Well Porter Jr did still help them land a lot of recruits that will be around multiple years, so all hope is not lost. Both programs are in great shape. Top 100 recruits from 2017 and 2018

So is it too late for Porter's brother to reclassify again and go back to enjoy his high school Senior year?  Mr. Porter ought to be awarded Father of the Year - Leave the Pac 10/Washington/good friend/Romar to go play for SEC/Mizzou/Martin and get his younger son to leave high school early -- and why?  to play with older brother?  not going to happen.

juniorbill76 likes this

35 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

So is it too late for Porter's brother to reclassify again and go back to enjoy his high school Senior year?  Mr. Porter ought to be awarded Father of the Year - Leave the Pac 10/Washington/good friend/Romar to go play for SEC/Mizzou/Martin and get his younger son to leave high school early -- and why?  to play with older brother?  not going to happen.

I get the Mizzou connection for the Porters but I was just thinking about this:

U Dub/Seattle > Mizzou/Columbia. I'd pick that school/conference/city 11 out of 10 times over Columbia and Mizzou. To each their own I guess.

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Tiger was an insane fitness freak and trained with the SEALS. He was too hard on his body.

I saw Tiger play in the US Am in 1994 at Muirfield in Columbus when he was 18. He was having back problems back then. He walked around the course constantly massaging his back. The way he swung you could tell his back was going to hold up thru a whole career. That said, I'd still like to see him comeback and catch Jack. I saw him play a number of times after that and when he was on it's hard to imagine anyone who ever played the game at his level.

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Heard that Mizzou staff didn't think surgery was necessary. This could be a case of the family just not wanting him to play, when he probably could play through it. I wouldn't be surprised if going forward if you see more sure fire one and dones exaggerate injuries and take a long time to return. Why risk going on the court in college? The one and done rule is stupid. The kid shoulda been able to go straight to the league.

If this is the case Ace, the family made the wrong decision. Yes, I know they were trying to safeguard the kid from further injury during play (prior to NBA). He had a small disc problem that could likely have been treated with exercise and pain killers, which is probably what the Drs. at Mizzou said. The parents chose otherwise. Surgery is always worse than no surgery, that is why you should never choose to have surgery if you can do without it. If the one and dones start playing the Dr. shopping game (shop Drs. until you find out one that tells you what you want to hear, in this case surgery), a lot of these kids may wind up worse off than they would have been without this possibly not absolutely necessary surgery. Always remember that surgeons make money by doing surgery, not by advising patients against surgery. If there is a surgical treatment for it, why not do it?                     

HenryB likes this

7 hours ago, ACE said:

You crawl out from under your rock for this non-sense? I thought you were all about the St. Louis area kids? A lot of great stories right here at SLU with local kids. Goodwin off to a solid start. Gordon, who your sidekick 314 thought would NEVER sign with SLU, actually did.  BTW, we missed you on the board on signing day. :D And if you like a good underdog story, what about former walk-on Aaron Hines getting some key buckets in the second half to help SLU beat an ACC team at Madison Square Garden. 

Instead, you are depressed about a kid who is not from St. Louis who is likely to be a lottery pick? And some fool from the football team bums you out? :rolleyes:  

You're all about the St. Louis kids, right Vtime?

Under a rock? I’ve posted the game threads, but I guess that doesn’t fit your agenda.  You can be a fan of two teams. You can like coke and Pepsi. 

4 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Under a rock? I’ve posted the game threads, but I guess that doesn’t fit your agenda.  You can be a fan of two teams. You can like coke and Pepsi. 

You can’t like Coke and Pepsi. Your issues run deeper than I thought. 

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I have billiken related content that’s over a decade old.

http://stlhoopsinsider.org/meyer.html

You can’t ever say I’m not a fan and try to ban me. 

Just my opinion, but you're not a fan and should be  banned. 

You CAN be a fan of both programs!!!!  You can like Sprite and Sierra Mist, Blondes and brunettes, jello and pudding. However there was a lot of Mizzou bashing, and even Tilmon bashing when he got arrrested. You bash Tilmon for a minor offense and then we have to jump off that moral high horse and deal with Situation 2.  But the Billiken should STILL be winning. Only 2 of the three players were eligible to play. We have 8 scholarship players, and 6 yrs ago we saw Mizzou win 30 games with 7 scholarship players. You don’t lose to Detroit with 7 players. And Martin has the Tigers sitting at 8-2 with mostly Anderson holdovers