GDT: Bills vs. Fryers @ MSG

Littlebill

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They got 60 last year they would have been lucky to get 40 on this type of game

ESPN said the investigation would be at 60 days on nov 24th which means if the players are ok we’ll have 1 more game with out them and we could have them back on nov 28th against western Michigan and the fact that the players are practicing and even traveled this trip makes me think they might just be back soon we’ll find out soon enough 

2 minutes ago, maverick said:

Agreed. This feels like a positive trip. Sounds like we just went up against a buzz-saw 3 pt shooting team tonight.

Now that we've got the sting of the first loss out of the way, we can breathe a little bit. Let's go win all the rest of them though.

I usually get frustrated with losses but I'm alright this morning.  Overall good trip and start to the season.  I chalk up tonight to lack of depth which I really really hope is resolved soon but I wouldn't bet on that.

The guys never gave up and will get better and will be real good with AD, Bishop and Graves.

FG 19-53, 3pt 6-20, FT 19-27, rebounds Prov 33-28, assists 7, TO's 14, steals 8, blocks 3.

Bess 16 pts 2 rebounds, Roby 14 pts 3 rebounds, French 8 pts 10 rebounds, Foreman 8 pts 5 rebounds, Hines 6 pts, Goodwin 4pts 3 rebounds, Psimits 3 pts, JJ 2pts 0 rebounds.

What is up with JJ?  AD will take his starting spot

5 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

ESPN said the investigation would be at 60 days on nov 24th which means if the players are ok we’ll have 1 more game with out them and we could have them back on nov 28th against western Michigan and the fact that the players are practicing and even traveled this trip makes me think they might just be back soon we’ll find out soon enough 

That sounds great, but it assumes there hasn’t been a longer penalty imposed for violations of school or team rules.

Not a good night. The refs were totally atrocious but in truth Providence had no problem scoring 3 pointers from just about anywhere, they were equally good with jumpers and with driving to the basket. They shot FTs a lot better than we did, they out rebounded us. We did shoot some 3 pointers but missed a lot of them, did not rebound well, did not shoot FTs as well as they did. The referees put the fear on us about being aggressive, and Providence just had to watch the films from the prior night to know we were scoring primarily by driving to the basket. All they had to do was defend the basket and assume (rightly) that we were not a threat with 3 pointers or jumpers. The refs took care of the rest. A bad loss to us, too bad. Tonight we seriously could have used Bishop and Henriquez but they were not there. Let's see what happens in that regard whenever it happens. 

1 minute ago, CBFan said:

The guys never gave up and will get better and will be real good with AD, Bishop and Graves.

FG 19-53, 3pt 6-20, FT 19-27, rebounds Prov 33-28, assists 7, TO's 14, steals 8, blocks 3.

Bess 16 pts 2 rebounds, Roby 14 pts 3 rebounds, French 8 pts 10 rebounds, Foreman 8 pts 5 rebounds, Hines 6 pts, Goodwin 4pts 3 rebounds, Psimits 3 pts, JJ 2pts 0 rebounds.

What is up with JJ?  AD will take his starting spot

The team will be really good when they come back if the gas tank isn’t already on empty by that point and players aren’t out with injuries.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The team will be really good when they come back if the gas tank isn’t already on empty by that point and players aren’t out with injuries.

Good point.

1 minute ago, WVBilliken said:

Looking at 8 - 1 the rest of the non-conference schedule.  That puts SLU at 11 - 2 going into conference!

I don’t see that happening.  Decent teams are going to force us to beat them from the perimeter.  We don’t have the guys that can consistently knock down those shots right now.

I see at least three more losses before the conference season without Henriquez and Bishop. 

10 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

I think this is where I am on this as well. Ford, May, and the other powers that be have a good idea of what happened on that night. If what they knew was really bad, I question if the players would be practicing, or especially traveling to New York. It just might look bad if the players got kicked out of school or suspended, and news got out that the players got to go to NYC.

Honestly, I think SLU is drawing out the investigation as long as they can, so they can say they were thorough and point to the players missing a few games to suggest that the players didn’t get off scott free.

The Don likes this