GDT: Bills vs. Fryers @ MSG

Littlebill

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Hopefully they got some IV's, or Gatorade, or  steroids or whatever it is these kids do to get their legs back quickly.  I know Providence played last night too but the quick turnaround has me nervous.

Steroids and coffee

47 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Hopefully they got some IV's, or Gatorade, or  steroids or whatever it is these kids do to get their legs back quickly.  I know Providence played last night too but the quick turnaround has me nervous.

Both teams are in the same boat and Providence has even less rest as they played the 2nd game.

Did anyone else watch the Washington-Providence game? I stayed up, and can't say I was terribly impressed with them.

For a team that starts four seniors, they don't play a crisp game. They're active and move the ball a lot - 22 assists on 25 FG - but they also turned it over 19 times. It was a sloppy game. Cartwright is their small PG who racks up big assist numbers. He's quick, likes to play at a faster pace from what I can tell. Going to be an interesting matchup.

Their bigs are young, but they have two guys with some good size - 6-9 and 6-10, both around 255-260. Neither is putting up big numbers yet, but if they're taking it straight at French and Foreman, I worry about fouls being an issue again. Those guys have to play smarter than they did last night.

Bullock is their best player, a 6-8 forward who mostly plays on the wing and isn't afraid to shoot it. Their team shot well from the perimeter last night, 8-15, with some clutch makes down the stretch.

They've been picked 5th in most Big East preseason polls I've seen. Some have them 4th, some 6th, but they're a mid-level Big East team. I think a lot of that is based on their veteran starting roster and balance, which obviously is going to help them, but I struggled to find much of a gameplan. They may have been playing down to Washington's level, as they're a young team with a new coach. PC has 10 guys playing double-digit minutes so far, with no one playing 30 MPG or more. Once again, I think our biggest hurdle is going to be dictating tempo and staying out of foul trouble. If we play a game like last night, there's no reason we can't beat these guys.

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Their bigs are young, but they have two guys with some good size - 6-9 and 6-10, both around 255-260. Neither is putting up big numbers yet, but if they're taking it straight at French and Foreman, I worry about fouls being an issue again. Those guys have to play smarter than they did last night.

I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot more of anthony tonight. 

27 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Did anyone else watch the Washington-Providence game? I stayed up, and can't say I was terribly impressed with them.

For a team that starts four seniors, they don't play a crisp game. They're active and move the ball a lot - 22 assists on 25 FG - but they also turned it over 19 times. It was a sloppy game. Cartwright is their small PG who racks up big assist numbers. He's quick, likes to play at a faster pace from what I can tell. Going to be an interesting matchup.

Bullock is their best player, a 6-8 forward who mostly plays on the wing and isn't afraid to shoot it. Their team shot well from the perimeter last night, 8-15, with some clutch makes down the stretch.

They've been picked 5th in most Big East preseason polls I've seen. Some have them 4th, some 6th, but they're a mid-level Big East team. I think a lot of that is based on their veteran starting roster and balance, which obviously is going to help them, but I struggled to find much of a gameplan. They may have been playing down to Washington's level, as they're a young team with a new coach. PC has 10 guys playing double-digit minutes so far, with no one playing 30 MPG or more. Once again, I think our biggest hurdle is going to be dictating tempo and staying out of foul trouble. If we play a game like last night, there's no reason we can't beat these guys.

We stayed and watched the game. Bullock is their best player. They also have a 6'7" 230lb guard who seemed like he could give some of our guys problems. Otherwise, neither team really impressed me or seemed like they were far superior to the Billikens.

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Ed Cooley's teams at Providence have been strange.  They are really inconsistent game to game, a lot of times just do enough to win over average teams, lose a game (or two) to a bad team and still some how have managed to do enough good things to make four straight tournaments.