Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Davidson (4-1) went into Fordham (1-4) and routed them 75-45 today.

Davidson would’ve been a great road win. Wish we could’ve pulled that off.... we’ve had a lot of close losses to open conference play. We could easily be 3-2 or even 4-1.

16 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I think they did. What non-Billiken games are allowed to be mentioned in the “Other Games” thread?

Um, maybe games of interest to Billikens fans?  That would be games involving A-10 teams, games involving teams on SLU's schedule, games involving former SLU players.  I suppose a poster is "allowed" to mention any game, but posters who respect the interest of Billikens fans wouldn't rub their faces in a Mizzou win.

Looking at the past 5 years in Atlantic 10 play, in order to get a double bye you need an average of winning 70% or more games, which is 12 or 13. That could change this year with the bottom 12 all looking close to each other. 

To to get a single bye, it was only 50% or more. That is obviously 9-9 and above. 

A double bye would be great but I think a single bye, possibly the 6 seed would be a reasonable goal as long as Goodwin stays on the court 

On 1/20/2018 at 7:16 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Um, maybe games of interest to Billikens fans?  That would be games involving A-10 teams, games involving teams on SLU's schedule, games involving former SLU players.  I suppose a poster is "allowed" to mention any game, but posters who respect the interest of Billikens fans wouldn't rub their faces in a Mizzou win.

Rubbing it in how? Mizzou’s successes are not SLU’s failures. SLU’s successes are not Mizzou’s failures. I like both. 

6 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Rubbing it in how? Mizzou’s successes are not SLU’s failures. SLU’s successes are not Mizzou’s failures. I like both. 

I grow weary of this.

It's not about liking both; you know that I do.  It's about respecting the interests and wishes of Billikens fans.  How many times do the Bills fans here have to say that they don't want this site, which they use to share in their love of the Billikens, to bombard them with pro-Mizzou material?

Either you lack the capacity for that respect, or you revel in trolling.

54 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

The complaint wa hijacking threads and tanking th down a Mizzou road. Casually mentioning in a thread clearly listed as other games is not trolling or inappropriate. That’s the place to go to read about non-Billiken games. The other 10,000 threads are about our team.

Wrong.  Other teams have their own boards.  This board is a Billiken board.  Every post IMO should relate to the Billikens or their fans in some way, either directly or indirectly (A-10 schedule recruiting, etc).