Other games

brianstl

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

3 million for Jontay Porter and Papa Porter is not near the deal that 3 million for Jontay and 1 year of MPJ was.

There are 3 more Porter boys after MPJ and Jontay.  Coban (2020), Javon (2022?), and Izaak (2024) so there is still time for Mizzou to get their money's worth out of Papa Porter (although keeping him around past his current contract will cost more at presumably a similar rate).  I have no idea if any of the younger Porters are projected to be as talented as MPJ or even Jontay.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Chaminade just beat Cal out in Maui

I had a little hope for VCU after they beat Cal, but hard to think they're any good after seeing this.  

A-10 clearly sucks this year. Guess we're just gonna have to win the whole frickin thing. 

Just now, SShoe said:

I had a little hope for VCU after they beat Cal, but hard to think they're any good after seeing this.  

A-10 clearly sucks this year. Guess we're just gonna have to win the whole frickin thing. 

Maybe the A10 needs a little time for the school teams to gel what with all the graduations and some of the coaching changes.

6 minutes ago, SShoe said:

Cal sucks. Martin left them in a shambles.

3 minutes ago, Compton said:

To that point, while each one was an improvement in terms of program, none of Martin's head coaching jobs has lasted more than 3 years. 

I'm not sure that's fair to say.  I think Tennessee to Cal to Mizzou is a series of lateral moves (if not taking an inch backward).  Yes, there are certainly personal benefits for Cuonzo to move from Cal to Mizzou, but it's not necessarily an improvement in program stature.  (I hope he succeeds, but he'll have to show me.)