RIP bonwich

Quickdraw

Unfortunately, this post is legitimate.  Our fellow MBM, bonwich, is no longer with us. He passed away today while vacationing in Florida.  It was entirely unexpected--he suffered a brain aneurism.  I ask all of you who enjoyed exchanging banter with him, and learning from his insights into the newspaper business, to pray for him and his family at this difficult time.  He was the son of a SLU business school professor and a fellow alum, with a long history of loyalty to our Billikens.  My ongoing Billiken experience will never be the same as I have lost a lifelong friend. 

RUBillsFan likes this

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Quickdraw said:

Unfortunately, this post is legitimate.  Our fellow MBM, bonwich, is no longer with us. He passed away today while vacationing in Florida.  It was entirely unexpected--he suffered a brain aneurism.  I ask all of you who enjoyed exchanging banter with him, and learning from his insights into the newspaper business, to pray for him and his family at this difficult time.  He was the son of a SLU business school professor and a fellow alum, with a long history of loyalty to our Billikens.  My ongoing Billiken experience will never be the same as I have lost a lifelong friend. 

Oh my god. This is horrible. Prayers to him and his family.

wow. He was a real treasure. 

I don’t know what to say.  I know some posters on this board have been freinds with him for decades.  I know it does not make what happened easier to deal with for them or the others that loved him, but my prayers go out to you all.  He always came across to me as a super sharp, good and decent man.

i am just stunned.

Jesus. On the solemnity of All Saints Day, prayers for the repose and rest of his soul and I hope we can all offer up our ASD masses for his family and loved ones. This hurts - a huge void in the Billiken family. You will be missed, Joe. 

Damn. Gonna take my wife out to Joe's favorite restaurant tomorrow, same one he recommended I take her to on our first date 5 years ago. Just met him in person after conversing here for years just a few weeks ago.

Wow, I was privileged to have gotten to know Joe through the old boys club lunches. If you met him once you'd feel like you had known him for years. He was just that kind of guy. He's given me numerous recommendations on places to eat here locally and even in Chicago. He will truly be missed. My condolences to all his friends in the Billiken family and to his family. Rest in Peace Joe.