Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

13 minutes ago, STLsportsfan said:

Thatch broke Sikestons all-time scoring record tonight 

I am happy for him. I was really looking forward to seeing him in a Billiken uniform.  I thought he would have turned out to have been one of my all time favorite Billikens.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

SLU just made an enemy of me today. It was nice knowing you Brian. You are a great poster.

Check back around state playoff time.  Maybe we can check out a game.  I will have sometime again to check out more high school games now that I won’t be going to anymore Billiken games. 

This whole thing sucks.  SLU was on the verge of becoming the team in St. Louis when it came to basketball and the school destroyed it.  It is like the Upchurch thing on steroids. It makes me sick.  

On 1/19/2018 at 10:33 PM, brianstl said:

Check back around state playoff time.  Maybe we can check out a game.  I will have sometime again to check out more high school games now that I won’t be going to anymore Billiken games. 

This whole thing sucks.  SLU was on the verge of becoming the team in St. Louis when it came to basketball and the school destroyed it.  It is like the Upchurch thing on steroids. It makes me sick.  

Brianstl although I agree the decision taken was, to be polite, unexpected that does not mean the SLU basketball program has disintegrated already. I agree disintegration is one of the many things that may happen, mediocrity may be more like it, and unlikely but not impossible things may come around someway or the other and we may wind up with a good team next year. I am not trying to be contentious, and I am not trying to put you down. But I think you are embracing the worst possible outcome as the only possible outcome. I am just pointing out that other things may happen. It would be nice to see a post from you from time to time, and if you do not, I will miss your posts.

All the best.

The Upchurch matter was totally self inflicted by a Jesuit who was at best a Jerk Off - yes I know for a fact personally what an mean vindictive ahole he was.  This situation is not totally self inflicted - if the boys and girls had not done what they did then we would not be talking about this at all.  Now has the school handled the matter as well as they could have - no so they have some blame also.

41 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

correct me if im wrong.... but he really has no choice at this point? hes signed?

No it might involve burning a sit out transfer season or going to a juco for his freshman season but a recruit does have options 

Gordon is our only commit in ESPN's newest rankings. #68. I don't know how much clout to give them as they don't even have Pearson on our commits and still list Tim Finke as uncommitted and interested in SLU, even though he has been committed somewhere else for a while now

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

Edited by Littlebill
added the link

22 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Gordon is our only commit in ESPN's newest rankings. #68. I don't know how much clout to give them as they don't even have Pearson on our commits and still list Tim Finke as uncommitted and interested in SLU, even though he has been committed somewhere else for a while now

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

ESPN recruiting sucks, I feel like they only update the rankings twice a year.

we've speculated things might have been different if players were white. What would happen if it was all six SLU students were non-scholarshipped would T IX being involved? Inclined to think not.. They would all get booted maybe with refunds. Or  (this is more likely @ SP@MUC) what if they were all gay?

29 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I thought He committed to GCU like 2 weeks ago, did he already de-commit?

7 minutes ago, almaman said:

we've speculated things might have been different if players were white. What would happen if it was all six SLU students were non-scholarshipped would T IX being involved? Inclined to think not.. They would all get booted maybe with refunds. Or  (this is more likely @ SP@MUC) what if they were all gay?

Wrong thread fella

Webster's at home Wednesday night. one dressed in colors. Better to work on Gordon than waste time thinking we can do any good on institutional level imo. bunch of moron's reinforcing our proud recruit's brave decision that he stuck with through a year of second guessing showing up there can't hurt. + get to see the kids play. 

18 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-looking at updates, I believe Fred Thatch and Mickey Pearson both scored their 2000th career points on the same day.....Friday, January 19....how's that for some messed up synchronicity? 

This is true:

Thatch had a chance to do it one game earlier, but finished with 11 points in a 76-50 win over Farmington. His 20 points against Father Tolton gave him both the all-time Sikeston scoring record (topping Michael Porter's 1,994) and the 2,000-point mark in one night. His 10 rebounds continued to build on that all-time record, as well; he's the only Sikeston player to top 1,000. He's also doing this while working his way back to 100% after the stress fracture in his foot, and his 3-point shooting has also continued to be much improved from previous seasons. All good signs.

As mentioned earlier, he also won game MVP with 23 points and 6 rebounds in a 74-72 win over Torrence Watson's Whitfield squad in Mizzou Arena this weekend. Then last night, Sikeston's road trip continued with an 89-66 win over Francis Howell North; Thatch had another 23 points. Their next game in the Fort Zumwalt North Tournament is Friday against Troy Buchanan.

Pearson had 28 points in a 71-52 win over North Hardin to pass the 2,000-point mark. He had 13 and 12 last night in a 1-point loss to Adair County. Sounds like it was a brutal last-second loss possibly influenced by a series of questionable calls:

After the Bulldogs took a 65-64 lead on a basket by sophomore Alex Matthews in the paint, Harmon misfired on a 3-pointer and senior Mickey Pearson grabbed the rebound. Pearson was knocked to the ground, but instead of a foul against Adair County, he was called for traveling, giving the Indians possession again.

On the in-bound, Harmon threw it in the backcourt from under the basket. He went up the lane and he and Pearson were jockeying for position. Pearson was whistled for a questionable holding call.

“It’s part of the game,” Pearson said. “Sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don’t. We have to learn to not put ourselves in that position.”

John Hardin (15-5) had a chance for the win. Pearson’s 3-pointer was off the mark and junior Aaron Scott grabbed the rebound. There was plenty of contact as Scott shot the ball before time expired, but no foul was called.

John Hardin is now 15-5 and plays Fort Knox (1-11) tonight at home. Pearson's averages continue to hover around 28 and 10, as they have all season. He's still shooting above 40% from 3 for the season.