Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

Speculation: A couple nights before the Indiana-Kentucky all star game, the Kentucky senior all stars played the junior all stars. Pearson and the seniors lost by a point, but he had 24 points and was 7-7 from the FT line. Perhaps Pearson was used differently in the Indiana game, resulting in lower production and parental frustration.

From someone at the game, Pearson wasn't the main KY Alpha Dog in the ASG.  My contact really wasn't focused on Pearson, and didn't remember much of what he did. His play didn't grab anyone's attention.

As everyone knows, ASG are pretty much run and gun.  Getting only 7 shots may not have been what the Pearson family envisioned.  Bottom line, Pearson wasn't featured.  Did that get Mom upset?  Maybe it did, or maybe it didn't. 

3 hours ago, bauman said:

Something needs to happen since I believe we have 14 known possible scholarship players:  (Sorry Roy, but I'm not going to type 14 full names) 2 GTs-DW and TI, JG, HF, KCH, CAG, FT, DJ, JB (no not Bishop), LS, DJF, EW, MP and IG

That's ok.  I just won't read it.

Assuming, and I can be wrong, that Pearson's mom tweet was directed to the  tournament game and not to us, AND hoping that there are no qualification issues with the new recruits, my thought is that Welmer will be the one to step out. This is pure speculation, not better and not worse than all the rest.

8 hours ago, kshoe said:

You guys are way off on Pearson’s motivation for not coming. The tweet may have been in reference to his use in the all-star game. As for why he’s not coming, think more along the lines of a sick relative that he wants to stay near.

8 hours ago, bauman said:

Shoe, it sounds like you have some actual knowledge of the situation.  I can't imagine you speculating about a sick relative, that's not your style.

8 hours ago, brianstl said:

I don’t think that is what the issue was.

Actually, this IS reportedly indeed the issue. 

Pearson 0-6 last night in KY / IN All Star Rematch.

INDIANA 109, KENTUCKY 81

KENTUCKY: Faulkner 5-15 0-0 12, Potter 3-11 4-5 12, Boone 2-10 4-4 8, Sullivan 9-15 0-1 21, Pearson 0-6 0-0 0, Penny 2-6 0-2 4, Cartwright 0-2 0-0 0, Burries 5-11 0-0 13, Robb 1-6 3-4 5, Kiesler 3-3 0-0 6, Hendrickson 0-5 0-0 0. Totals: 30-90 11-16 81.

INDIANA: Langford 7-13 6-7 22, Phinisee 1-5 0-0 3, Henry 7-11 0-0 15, Anderson 4-8 1-1 10, Hunter 5-11 2-4 12, Coyle 0-0 0-0 0, East 2-5 0-0 4, Coleman 3-7 0-0 6, Washington 2-6 0-0 4, Tate 1-5 2-4 5, Lairy 6-11 3-4 15, Bizeau 4-6 2-2 10, Easley 1-4 1-2 3. Totals: 43-92 17-24 109.

3-point goals: Kentucky 10 (Sullivan 3, Burries 3, Faulkner 2, Potter 2). Indiana 6 (Langford 2, Phinisee, Henry, Anderson, Tate).

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Jacobs and Wiley are both on campus now. I assume Isabel will be there soon too

If what you say is true, and I hope it is, I would hope that Stu would tweet something or the official Billiken Ath Dept website would write about it or at least tweet.  I want to see some more official type word.  If DJ is in fact on campus does that mean he has done what is required academically to qualify?

Wiley is just a timing issue as is Isabell, but DJ is a qualification issue. 

1 minute ago, bauman said:

If what you say is true, and I hope it is, I would hope that Stu would tweet something or the official Billiken Ath Dept website would write about it or at least tweet.  I want to see some more official type word.  If DJ is in fact on campus does that mean he has done what is required academically to qualify?

DJ posted a Snapchat story of a TV in what appeared to be a dorm/grand forest apartments with the geotag for SLU. I would screenshot it and post it on here but  that feels a little stalker-ish for my taste. 

Likewise wiley posted his locker in chaifetz to his Instagram story

3 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

DJ posted a Snapchat story of a TV in what appeared to be a dorm/grand forest apartments with the geotag for SLU. I would screenshot it and post it on here but  that feels a little stalker-ish for my taste. 

Likewise wiley posted his locker in chaifetz to his Instagram story

Thanks, I just saw that in a different thread.  I think he will be a super Billiken.

8 minutes ago, bauman said:

He can still enroll at slu but still be ineligible to play. He would have to sit out a year I believe 

41 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

He can still enroll at slu but still be ineligible to play. He would have to sit out a year I believe 

It is what Ben McLemore did at KU.  You can’t be on athletic scholarship, but you can receive financial aid.