Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

12 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Coach Martin is checking with Fred Thatch's coach about how strong his commitment is.

Next year needs a towel.

Good news about our signed recruits, makes the frustration of S2 a little easier.

Yes, but as a fan really looked forward to THIS year.  The slow resolution of situation 2 is killing my interest in this season and the team.

At least the game is being streamed again by the A10.  Will be watching.  But before the season I thought SLU wins this game.  Now???

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

february 3rd.  gordon and webster play ej liddell and belleville west at the O'Fallon (IL) shootout.   best teams east and west of the river.   

of course the billikens play fordham that same night.  sighhh.  

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

february 3rd.  gordon and webster play ej liddell and belleville west at the O'Fallon (IL) shootout.   best teams east and west of the river.   

of course the billikens play fordham that same night.  sighhh.  

Ramey should even be back for that one. Liddell has been outstanding (as expected) thus far.

It's kinda crazy how imbalanced the HS schedules are, by the way. Some teams have played 5 or 6 games already and some haven't played at all - Webster Groves opens up tomorrow night.

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Pretty sure everyone here loved Mclemore except for his grades

He was pretty under the radar until he started blowing up his junior year. Then switched froak the Majestics to Eagles, Wellston to Oak Hill.

14 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Look at ability over competition. I remember when people on this board tried to convince me that McLemore wasn’t a D1 talent because Wellston was Class 2A at the time. 3 years later he was a top 10 draft pick. Playing bad competition won’t make you jump 6 inches higher or improve your left hand

And some thought Sanjay Watts was a good D1 caliber player :lol:

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Ramey should even be back for that one. Liddell has been outstanding (as expected) thus far.

It's kinda crazy how imbalanced the HS schedules are, by the way. Some teams have played 5 or 6 games already and some haven't played at all - Webster Groves opens up tomorrow night.

if our suspended players are not back by then, i probably will head to the high school game that night.   

57 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Yes, but as a fan really looked forward to THIS year.  The slow resolution of situation 2 is killing my interest in this season and the team.

At least the game is being streamed again by the A10.  Will be watching.  But before the season I thought SLU wins this game.  Now???

I for one, never thought we'd be good or great this year.  I expected to see flashes of brilliance, hopeful signs for next year, and a two steps up one step back sort of season.  If we can get our players back soon with a semester suspension we are not far off from where I saw us anyway.  If we don't get them back we take another step back and I see us as a decent to good team next year and we waste a year of Gordon on that.....

29 minutes ago, davidnark said:

Fred Thatch during yesterday's game. There is a lot of strength and vertical apparent. He also hit 5/6 3 pointers.

He's got a really nice burst. Pretty explosive and strong. He's deceptive that way; he'll suddenly be way up in the air blocking a shot or grabbing a rebound and it's like "Wow, how'd he do that?" There's a clip of him (I can't find it) almost under the basket, then getting up for a two-handed dunk without taking much of a step into it. Not quite standing still before he did it, but close, and that's really hard to do at his size.

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

Me too, I bought season tickets my other half was driving up from Perryville Mo. to make week night games and after the Western Michigan game and no attempt to update about S2 from SLU we had enough and started thinking about next season.

i still have hope for the conference season if the S2 players return but until that happens I will stay upbeat with the signed recruits and reading about them.

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Ok, I'm pretty good at this by now: "Man we are going to be so good .... next year." 

I feel like ‘the boy who cried SLU’ in my circle of friends. Now I have to explain, “well, you see, these guys are suspended because (rambles incoherently), and they’re the only ones who can shoot.. and next year we have this kid Gordon coming.. and.. and.. yea, we suck.” 

6 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I feel like ‘the boy who cried SLU’ in my circle of friends. Now I have to explain, “well, you see, these guys are suspended because (rambles incoherently), and they’re the only ones who can shoot.. and next year we have this kid Gordon coming.. and.. and.. yea, we suck.” 

Find new friends.

7 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Pretty sure everyone here loved Mclemore except for his grades

After he blew up, yes. When he was a sophomore with no offers, even early his junior yr, his competition was being questioned here. But to the point, you have to watch ability and not worry about competition. French will rebound and compete against inferior or superior competition, it’s what he he does.

McLemore would have been great at SLU but we never had a shot at him. Doesn’t really matter if posters on here questioned his competition given that D1 coaches obviously did as well.

Watts would not have made any SLU teams better. Not really a miss in my eyes. Props to him for having a standout career at the level for which he was best suited.

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

this is the story every year.  We rarely play anything before the WG holiday tournament.