Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, cheeseman said:

Thanks - I could not tell but did we have any coaches at the two signings today?

i am thinking the college coaches are not allowed to attend the signing of a recruit.    i wouldnt bet on it, but something tells me that is the rule.  

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i am thinking the college coaches are not allowed to attend the signing of a recruit.    i wouldnt bet on it, but something tells me that is the rule.  

Thanks for the consensus answer from all - I guess the rules have changed but I remember that Grawer and Herrin were at Bonner's signing - neither knew his choice until he picked the hat up.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

What happened to the individual threads for Thatch and Gordon?  I think it is nice to give every kid that signs their own thread.

-I completely agree and don't understand why the threads would be combined, what's the purpose mods?

5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I completely agree and don't understand why the threads would be combined, what's the purpose mods?

I combined them in an attempt to clean up the threads. We had multiple threads on new recruit signings, as well as multiple threads on Situation 2. I combined the two topics into 2 threads. I am not expecting the newly signed recruits to ask for a release because their threads were combined. ;) 

6 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Thanks for the consensus answer from all - I guess the rules have changed but I remember that Grawer and Herrin were at Bonner's signing - neither knew his choice until he picked the hat up.

It could have to do with it being a dead period.  November 10th the NCAA calendar lists it as recruiting period.  During dead period they can't go to the high school so perhaps if they waited until Friday they could have went but don't know for sure.  

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Also throw in Santos who is another big guy.... we will be able to physically match up with most front lines from around the country. I would love it if we could play a couple of Big 10 teams next year.

Not only those three, but also Goodwin,  Bess and Thatch all of whom seem to have the instinct,  strength and desire to rebound better than their height would normally suggest.  Additionally, next year Foreman will be part of the rebounding wrecking crew.

No longer hard to be a Billiken fan!

6 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I combined them in an attempt to clean up the threads. We had multiple threads on new recruit signings, as well as multiple threads on Situation 2. I combined the two topics into 2 threads. I am not expecting the newly signed recruits to ask for a release because their threads were combined. ;) 

Commitments deserve separate threads.  Signing is a team thing.

5 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I for one like it this way where you can get info/comments on all signees w/o having to navigate through different threads.

Thanks Nark

A good friend of mine who is a Mizzou fan has been telling me for a year that Gordon was not going to sign with SLU because a deal was in place that he was going to flip to Mizzou.  Over this past weekend, he told me that he heard from his sources that Gordon wanted to flip to Mizzou, but that Mizzou decided they weren't interested anymore.  When I heard that I smiled, because I knew this meant that Martin had pestered Gordon one final time last week (or should I say checked to see how strong his commitment was), and was told one final time by Gordon that was signing with SLU.  As soon as my friend told me that, I knew it was a done deal.

5 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

A good friend of mine who is a Mizzou fan has been telling me for a year that Gordon was not going to sign with SLU because a deal was in place that he was going to flip to Mizzou.  Over this past weekend, he told me that he heard from his sources that Gordon wanted to flip to Mizzou, but that Mizzou decided they weren't interested anymore.  When I heard that I smiled, because I knew this meant that Martin had pestered Gordon one final time last week (or should I say checked to see how strong his commitment was), and was told one final time by Gordon that was signing with SLU.  As soon as my friend told me that, I knew it was a done deal.

Get a better friend. 

43 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It could be the Webster game at the Hoophall Classic.  Chaminade's  game there with Tatum was broadcast by ESPNU.

The Webster game is at 9am ET on a Monday.  It could be on ESPNU I guess but that would be an odd time.

I saw Tommie Liddell play at the Hoophall Classic many years ago (sat next to Matt Painter) and would consider attending again.

7 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Sounds like sour grapes to me.  "We stopped recruiting him anyway - we don't won't him after all.  Funny!

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Sounds like sour grapes to me.  "We stopped recruiting him anyway - we don't won't him after all.  Funny!

Par for the course with Mizzou fans. I had a few Mizzou fans tell me their "sources" were saying Gordon was switching to Mizzou. "EVERYONE knew about it", according to them. Heard this for several weeks.  I texted a few of them today after Gordon signed and the story is now  that their "sources" are telling them it's just because Gordon got tons of cash from SLU and that "EVERYONE knew about it".  The best part is their answer when you ask them whether or not Mizzou players get paid to commit to Mizzou :)