Is TF on the hot seat?

pakapablo

“And Oklahoma State has been served a subpoena that covers a timeframe of three different coaches -- namely Travis Ford, who is now at Saint Louis, Brad Underwood, who is now at Illinois, and current OSU coach Mike Boynton. Are any of them on the hot seat? Are they all on the hot seat?”

I know the Ok. State subpoena talk is not new but just seeing speculation in print got my anxiety going a bit. You never know where these things may go, hopefully nowhere for Travis.

FBI investigation has ‘hot seat’ lists unlike anything college basketball has ever seen

As of right now, no. The assistant that was arrested was a Frank Martin guy - not sure why Parrish didn't make that connection - that was hired by Underwood. The only connection between him and Ford was that they have both pissed in the same bathroom before. 

However the FBI is using that to grab records far back. They could find something from the Ford era, perhaps, but the guy wearing the wire is the key to their case now. I don't see how they would be able to piece together anything against Ford from old call logs and the such. 

I've said this before but it bears repeating. This is probably the best case scenario for Ford. If nothing comes of this for him, he can stand on the mountaintop and say that he is 100% above board and clean. There will be a handful of coaches that can do that, and the rest will have some sort of link and stench from this for the next several recruiting cycles. Ford can then say "You know I am clean because I've already gone through the FBI investigation, but do you know if Coach XYZ is?" 

Spoon-Balls likes this