Vinyl Facilities aka Vinyl Land

So I noticed all the facility "upgrades" and it's like putting perfume on a pig.  Herman Stadium looks like a ten year old asked grandma to order Fatheads for the bedroom to decorate.  Looks cheap and tacky, like Chris May.  It's pathetic!  We are losing people to local Division 2 schools because they are run better and this is the best we can offer them on stadium "upgrades"  I sure wish people would wise up.  When SLUH has a nicer facility than the college it shares the same name with, well that's just sad.  Whoever dressed that place up sure has a good sense of humor.  Perhaps dummies need to be bought and spread around the arena seats to make it look like crowd fillers that way it will look as though people are actually coming to men's soccer games and Chris May can have more friends at the game that support him.  Seriously folks am I the only one on here that's embarrassed for this man's desperate attempt to improve our facility? 

14 minutes ago, Cheddar Bear said:

So I noticed all the facility "upgrades" and it's like putting perfume on a pig.  Herman Stadium looks like a ten year old asked grandma to order Fatheads for the bedroom to decorate.  Looks cheap and tacky, like Chris May.  It's pathetic!  We are losing people to local Division 2 schools because they are run better and this is the best we can offer them on stadium "upgrades"  I sure wish people would wise up.  When SLUH has a nicer facility than the college it shares the same name with, well that's just sad.  Whoever dressed that place up sure has a good sense of humor.  Perhaps dummies need to be bought and spread around the arena seats to make it look like crowd fillers that way it will look as though people are actually coming to men's soccer games and Chris May can have more friends at the game that support him.  Seriously folks am I the only one on here that's embarrassed for this man's desperate attempt to improve our facility? 

You’re off base on this one. Honestly I don’t think anyone views the signage as an upgrade and people still think the stadium is in need of serious upgrades.

1 minute ago, Cheddar Bear said:

No, I'm not off base, it looks cheap and masks the fact he can't even raise enough money for real stadium upgrades.  Look at the baseball field...it isn't even a top ten high school field and it's a division 1 program. 

You are a weird dude. 

20 minutes ago, Cheddar Bear said:

quit embarrassing yourself with your bridge burning.  its just sad.

10 minutes ago, Cheddar Bear said:

No, I'm not off base, it looks cheap and masks the fact he can't even raise enough money for real stadium upgrades.  Look at the baseball field...it isn't even a top ten high school field and it's a division 1 program. 

I agree with you but I think it’s fine to do things that mask that the facility is until you can raise enough money to get it done. The problem is that unless Hendrickson can raise the money himself nothing will get done.

Coaches and staff have left SLU for local D2 programs and everyone of them say they are run better than SLU and much better moral and in one case night and day better facilities.  Baseball and softball fields aren't even NAIA level!  It's a joke.  Rockhurst High School in KC has a nicer facility than a ten time national soccer championship program?  I'm weird for sure.

If I'm weird what does that make all of you that think this is acceptable?  I'm tired of things not changing. 

I'm not the one on here searching for Youtube videos of bears scratching their head.  Rise and Grind are you Chris May's assistant?  You seem to have the same taste.  And I'm weird?

11 minutes ago, Cheddar Bear said:

If I give you a free t-shirt will you eventually be on my team? 

i wouldnt even want to be in the same building with the likes of you.  

18 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

He’s talking about Jake Gossage who was an SID here. Left to go to Lindenwood

I was referring to a volleyball and a baseball coach who went to Lindenwood and a SID who went to Maryville and another volleyball coach who went to Ohio State.  These are good people and they all say the same things about moral at SLU under Chris May.  Why is that?  Is it a conspiracy? 

11 minutes ago, Cheddar Bear said:

Coaches and staff have left SLU for local D2 programs and everyone of them say they are run better than SLU and much better moral and in one case night and day better facilities.  Baseball and softball fields aren't even NAIA level!  It's a joke.  Rockhurst High School in KC has a nicer facility than a ten time national soccer championship program?  I'm weird for sure.

If I'm weird what does that make all of you that think this is acceptable?  I'm tired of things not changing. 

I'm not the one on here searching for Youtube videos of bears scratching their head.  Rise and Grind are you Chris May's assistant?  You seem to have the same taste.  And I'm weird?

Yeah, man. That video you made is super weird. 

17 minutes ago, Cheddar Bear said:

I was referring to a volleyball and a baseball coach who went to Lindenwood and a SID who went to Maryville and another volleyball coach who went to Ohio State.  These are good people and they all say the same things about moral at SLU under Chris May.  Why is that?  Is it a conspiracy? 

Dude I agree with you but the vinyl signage is a weird hill to die on. 

Pics?

Would love if our new (and some veteran) posters could start a thread that gives everyone a reference to what you're talking about. (Recurring favorite: "Today's P-D Article is Garbage!" with no link or context whatsoever.)

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I know you'll hate this, but some people need to learn it:

Moral is an adjective; it pertains to character.  Morale is a noun; it pertains to a mood or feeling.

So the moral of this story is Cheddar Bear needs to be banned. Because he is an immorale person? 

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Egg on my face.  Yeah, I forgot about that definition of moral.  Still, in the context of these posts, it should have been morale; that's certain.

So if someone posts something that isn't what others like, they get banned? Really? I don't agree with cheddar bears ranting/views, but the person had every right to have an opinion. I chose to ignore and go about my business. Wow.

35 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I don’t care if the baseball and soccer teams play on the top of the Compton deck if the basketball team goes to the tournament every year. 

If the Men's BB team goes to the tournament every year those teams will not have to play on the Compton Deck.  Money will be available to support all other teams.

5 hours ago, Cheddar Bear said:

So you've started 2 threads on the board, both of which  have been dedicated to talking crap about Chris May. I am no fan of the athletic department, because I feel like they could do much better both on and off the field, but damn, it is clear you have an agenda and it is the only reason you post.

3 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

So if someone posts something that isn't what others like, they get banned? Really? I don't agree with cheddar bears ranting/views, but the person had every right to have an opinion. I chose to ignore and go about my business. Wow.

Wait, what?!

If your post is satire:  Good one!

Otherwise: I didn't say anything about banning anyone.  Kshoe said it tongue-in-cheek.  You're getting riled up for no reason.