A10 Recruiting Rankings

I knew Rhode Island was recruiting well but I didn't know they had a better class than SLU (at least in some people's eyes). My two cents: Gordon is being slept on nationally due to his injury plagued AAU season. I think he will be the best freshman in the A10 next year, and that it won't be close. 

http://www.a10talk.com/ranking-atlantic-10s-2018-recruiting-classes-far/ 

NextYearBill likes this

I actually think it's fair, given that Rhody has a top-100 player (Harris), a guy in the next tier (Adams), and two other nice players (Tate and Martin). And this is after the decommitment of Amir Harris last week. So you could argue this is similar to SLU's class (a top-100 kid plus 2), they just have the extra guy in the middle. I still agree that Gordon is the best of the bunch, though.

And Brian is right, both URI and SLU need to show the ability to stack classes before we get too excited one way or the other.

I think this description of Dayton's recruiting is hilarious, " Dwayne Cohill is one of, if not the, best recruits in the A-10 for the class of 2018. With a grade of 82, he finds himself just outside of ESPN’s Top 100, but he’s comparable in talent to Jermaine Harris and Carte’Are Gordon." People are underestimating Gordon HARD and forgetting the fact that he was a top-10 recruit at one point.

3 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

I think this description of Dayton's recruiting is hilarious, " Dwayne Cohill is one of, if not the, best recruits in the A-10 for the class of 2018. With a grade of 82, he finds himself just outside of ESPN’s Top 100, but he’s comparable in talent to Jermaine Harris and Carte’Are Gordon." People are underestimating Gordon HARD and forgetting the fact that he was a top-10 recruit at one point.

Another underrated thing about Gordon is he will be ready to play from Day 1, which is often not the case with high-upside bigs that go to non Power 5 teams. Gordon would get major minutes on our team this year.

Cohill is a very good player. He's #92 nationally in the Rivals rankings. He's a point guard - which UD desperately needs. He'll be an instant impact player, and might be yet another UD player who in five years we'll wonder "How is he still at Dayton?" because four-year contributors feel like they pester you forever. He's an excellent boost for the conference's recruiting, and it actually looks like 2018 is shaping up to be a strong A10 recruiting year overall.

He's not Gordon.

It's weird to compare a PG and PF, anyway, but Gordon will be a force in the conference from day one. Not just a contributor or a freshman starter, but a force.

A10 2018 recruits in the Rivals 150:

52. Carte'Are Gordon - SLU

76. Jermaine Harris - Rhode Island

92. Dwayne Cohill - Dayton

117. Samba Diallo - UMass

131. Brendan Adams - Rhode Island

Hopefully we see a couple more end up in the conference.