Mickey Pearson Commits

slufan13

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Good info - thanks for sharing.  For those of us who read the recruiting thread but don't get all geeked out about it because we just wait and watch the highlight videos are fine but we have all seen that same stuff from Crew's group.  The narratives you posted help a lot more.  

I hope John Hardin's coach took the opportunity to upgrade the team's schedule with their recent infusion in talent.  Mickey needs to be tested against better competition:

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/08/prospect-spotlight-mickey-pearson-2018/

"I definitely need to step my play up and become a better leader. I think we can make a run at Rupp Arena and our goal is to win a state championship. My individual goal is the be Mr. Basketball." John Hardin will have an opportunity to win the 5th region. They return Anthony Witherspoon to go with Pearson. They will also benefit from the new addition of senior athletic swingman Malik Wright. Rising Sophomore Preston Murrell is a legitimate 6’8″ and could provide big minutes for the Bulldogs from the center position.

The bottom line is that for John Hardin to reach their team goals, Mickey Pearson needs to reach his potential as a basketball player. If he bulks up and continues developing his ball handling and wing skills, the Bulldogs should finish their season at Rupp Arena in March. Of all the kids in the 2018 class in Kentucky, Mickey has the most potential of all because of his size and skill set. But as he starts his senior year, the time for potential has passed. It’s time to go and show he’s better than his current #7 ranking in our current PHKY rankings.

11 hours ago, AGB91 said:

It was a crime when Harry wasn't named to the all-time team.

Harry was the best. Still my favorite player. Averaged almost 25 a game in his senior year. It would have been over 30 if he had the benefit of a 3 point line.

Agree, it was a crime not being named to the all-time team.

He looks like the kind of kid who just might add some to his already 6'7" height.  Might just be one of those under the radar guys like Majerus seemed to find.  Love those kids that have height and can handle the ball.  I really think he may have more upside than Rhoden.  Now Horton-Tucker, he is a beast, would of loved to have gotten him but guess this commit shows that is likely not happening.  Then again, given transferring in college hoops, maybe.

Now it would be nice if he could  add some weight and muscle before he hits campus.  Assume he can get some advice from Ford's staff now or at least once he signs. 

17 hours ago, AGB91 said:

17 hours ago, AGB91 said:

Amen -he was a little early for the 3 pt shot, but a lot of them went that far 😃👍

From prephoops.com on 8-12-17:

"According to Mickey, he had his best tournament with Twenty Two Vision in the Adidas Summer Invitational in Las Vegas. He averaged almost 15 points and 7 rebounds per game while shooting almost 40% from 3 for the tournament. He also showcased his defensive abilities and versatility by guarding wings and bigs and also providing rim protection. Pearson’s offer list features Lipscomb, Samford, Ball State, EKU, Troy, Tennessee Tech, St. Bonaventure, Robert Morris, Wofford, Saint Louis, Stony Brook, Bradley and Campbell. Mickey told me “A couple schools stand out to me and I should have my list narrowed down by mid to late August.”

Good looking player, thought he might have a stronger offer list.

17 minutes ago, davidnark said:

What am I missing? Why isn't he ranked higher and recruited by high major programs? From his video highlights, he looks like Durant. 

I'm guessing competition level, mostly. Mike Crawford scored 2000 points in HS. 

Edit:  not at all comparing Mickey to Crawford. Obviously much different players. Just pointing out that competition level in HS matters. 

18 minutes ago, davidnark said:

What am I missing? Why isn't he ranked higher and recruited by high major programs? From his video highlights, he looks like Durant. 

I think I’ve read that he is a late bloomer and that he plays bad high school competition. So he hasn’t gotten a lot of attention yet. But I think we will be very happy he picked slu early. You can’t teach his length and size for a guard 

8 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I'm guessing competition level, mostly. Mike Crawford scored 2000 points in HS. 

Edit:  not at all comparing Mickey to Crawford. Obviously much different players. Just pointing out that competition level in HS matters. 

Seems to have played against strong AAU competition.  And hope no comparison to Crawford.  He was a low mid-major recruit and never really showed much for the Bills.  A bench player who played way too much because he had to.  Thanks to Crews terrible recruiting.

25 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Seems to have played against strong AAU competition.  And hope no comparison to Crawford.  He was a low mid-major recruit and never really showed much for the Bills.  A bench player who played way too much because he had to.  Thanks to Crews terrible recruiting.

Pearson didn't make first team, second team or third team all state, he was honorable mention....big upside with his D1 bod and huge hands/wingspan and versatility between playing guard/forward.