Practice news

SLURadioBoy

7 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I will save you the time. Mentions the injuries and the cloud over the possible suspensions and somehow tries to tie that in to what's going on with the FBI investigations and Louisville. 

Its all over the place

So, a typical Hochman article. Thanks for the synopsis. 

He's good at being an STL homer but not much else. Did you guys know that he moved back to STL and this is his dream job? He's like.... So St. Louis. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, slusam said:

Stu gave some good information but when you are at a practice I expect you to report what you saw at the practice.

There is typically not much to report from a practice beyond injury updates and quotes from the coaches and players (depending on who is made available).

Are posters on here expecting Stu not to address the current cloud over the program? I assume for all of us more die hard fans of the program, that is the biggest thing on our minds. I thought his article mentioning the current situation, first time injury updates, and quotes from Ford was what I would expect to see.

22 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

There is typically not much to report from a practice beyond injury updates and quotes from the coaches and players (depending on who is made available).

Are posters on here expecting Stu not to address the current cloud over the program? I assume for all of us more die hard fans of the program, that is the biggest thing on our minds. I thought his article mentioning the current situation, first time injury updates, and quotes from Ford was what I would expect to see.

I thought Stu's article was fine. 

4 minutes ago, willie said:

As someone who has been to a few practices over the years there is not much for a layman to see. Other than who makes a few shots or who the coaches may be yelling at there is not much there. Lots of drills. 

It's not bad if you can catch a scrimmage.

We already know what Stu is capable of.  When he's cleared to interview the players, we'll get more substantive articles. Like this one from last year:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/two-who-stayed-at-slu-hope-for-better-times/article_675ee172-f07c-515b-a1f9-3b3da71b9d03.html

But we'll never get the thorough coverage that the Dayton beat writer provides. The Post Dispatch has no interest in finding that person. Jablonski's a competent writer AND a Flyer fan.  These articles all appeared in the last five days.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/coaches-teammates-helping-antetokounmpo-cope-with-tragedy/HlNRLgpJHp3p6h7pop4xFM/

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/landers-wants-glue-guy-for-dayton-flyers/0hblH1wiN9UA7yZZdO4cjM/

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/crosby-confident-entering-junior-season-dayton/gybh9dUNVJZ5Kk4BjHnxsJ/

I don't necessarily need a life long Billiken fan writing about the team.  I think Stu does a fine job.  It is nice when you have a couple of writers that are knowledgeable hoop fans in general writing columns this time of year.  That was what was nice about Strauss and Burwell.

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't necessarily need a life long Billiken fan writing about the team.  I think Stu does a fine job.  It is nice when you have a couple of writers that are knowledgeable hoop fans in general writing columns this time of year.  That was what was nice about Strauss and Burwell.

I didn't realize how good Burwell & Strauss were until they were gone (as so often happens). Either that or the current sports writers are just that bad.