Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Last Five Seasons:

12-13  7,673

13-14  8,428

14-15  7,032

15-16  6,757

16-17  5,593

I always found it curious that Coach Ford consistently complemented the 'support' at the games, when in fact it was the lowest average attendance in the nine seasons at Chaifetz.

He wasn't saying, thanks for breaking attendance records....he was saying, I know that what you are seeing is a sh¡tty product, and I appreciate you coming out to support the team regardless.

majerus mojo likes this

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Here’s the deal: I’m about as diehard a Billiken fan you will find. I post on this board, I know all the recruits, I’m annnoyingly Pro Slu. But I had almost no interest in actually going to the games last couple years. Why would I? I can listen on the radio, catch highlights, etc without driving down to chaifetz and committing 2.5 hours or spending 7 bucks on a beer.

Yes, the in game presentations should be better. But I'm kind of numb to that now. SLU marketing has always been bad. But you could have the best production team in the business and I'm not coming to the game to watch my team get stomped by Mineral Area CC 

I guess we've taken those easy wins for granite. 

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, bonwich said:

So we're adding a home-and-home with the University of New Hampshire? 

Live Free or Die, right? I always get that confused with Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death. Too many slogans, not enough copy editors. 

Not really sure where to put this so bumping this thread up as it seems relevant to the marketing staff and/or game day opps. 

Saw this on twitter today and wanted to share as I know there has been discussion on here through the years about the teams pre-game intros and music selection.  Obviously can't compare a 60K+ football stadium to the Fetz but watching this gets me pumped up and yearn for SLU to start a tradition that fans can embrace and help jazz the joint up before tip off.

1 hour ago, kappy96 said:

Not really sure where to put this so bumping this thread up as it seems relevant to the marketing staff and/or game day opps. 

Saw this on twitter today and wanted to share as I know there has been discussion on here through the years about the teams pre-game intros and music selection.  Obviously can't compare a 60K+ football stadium to the Fetz but watching this gets me pumped up and yearn for SLU to start a tradition that fans can embrace and help jazz the joint up before tip off.

Doesn't the pep band play right before tip? If the AD took that away we may have a riot of Olds.

• 4 weeks later...

Come for the women, stay for the men. Just got this email about tonight's game vs. Rockhurst:

fd1a10b0-3abd-4790-911f-ede508dd037d.jpg
Women’s basketball ticket holders are welcome to stay for the men’s game at no extra cost. At the conclusion of the women’s game, please visit the ticket office in the concourse behind section 103 to pick up your free men’s basketball game ticket.