OT: SLU needs new marketing staff

Whoever works in athletics office for SLU on the side of media and marketing needs to be fired. I don't know what these people do all day but 40 hours a week and I have seen almost nothing all summer. No F******** excuse to not be able to sell SLU Jersey's. "takes too long'" BS. Maybe they need people who know how to get things done. 

Season is a month away and no updated roster on SLUBILLIKENS with bios or even a picture. Picture I can understand but the new players should have bio's already. 

Its a F****** JOKE. 

Similar schools like Marquette with lower endowments have had jerseys for sale for years. Maybe this is Chris May's fault. 

PATHETIC. Easy money too. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this very emotional to see glorydays/travs and 05 joining forces after a very rocky cyber relationship to this point.   and everyone said they couldnt get along and co-exist!

I'm not so sure the demand is there for the jerseys. Marquette has much more support in Milwaukee than we do in St. Louis. Marquette in general has the college basketball thing figured out everything from the marketing to the actual gameday fan experience. It's so annoying!

I really wish SLU would do better.

4 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

I'm not so sure the demand is there for the jerseys. Marquette has much more support in Milwaukee than we do in St. Louis. Marquette in general has the college basketball thing figured out everything from the marketing to the actual gameday fan experience. It's so annoying!

I really wish SLU would do better.

There is a demand. Chaifetz was packed when we were good. The city doesnt have football.

this no demand fallacy is due to a piss poor MARKETING TEAM. Waste of a paycheck. They don't even do the bare minimum. If we cannot buy those black jerseys, Chris May needs to be heckled every game. I would pay 120 for one of those. 

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

We know marketing sucks, but that isn't really the theme of that. 

This is calling for their firing or a complete 180

You clearly haven't read any of that thread.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

GloryDays is having a contest with TFord and TRavs to see who can start the most useless threads.  (Oh wait, he is playing with himself, I wonder who is winning.)

WRONG. 

Also this is about the program. Go talk in the Ortiz thread and others about music

5 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I like SLU basketball. 

Do you contribute anything here other than snarky comments?

Facilitate any discussions? Spread word that you have heard?

Look at the join date, fella

Not all of us youngins jumped on the bandwagon in 2011... :rolleyes: