New Locker Rooms

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Need new student athlete housing next

That is planned for grand forest renovation. Helps with soccer and basketball. 

Yes SLU is now on par with VCU and Dayton in facilities somewhat. Practice gym needs more state of the art tech like vcu. 

I wonder what RI facilities are like 

5 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

That is planned for grand forest renovation. Helps with soccer and basketball. 

Yes SLU is now on par with VCU and Dayton in facilities somewhat. Practice gym needs more state of the art tech like vcu. 

I wonder what RI facilities are like 

I would say SLU is actually is ahead of Dayton and VCU.  SLU has everything in one place in a modern facility.

9 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Those are amazing. I don't think we need to build an entirely new development center, though that could happen in the longterm future if Ford gives us a sustained period of success. However I do think certain parts of the Fetz could continue to be upgraded to be more aesthetically on par with those facilities. The locker room is a fantastic start, kudos to all of those involved in making this happen. Will definitely boost our recruiting capacities. 

Unlike VCU and Dayton, we don't have to build are development centers off of our main arena. As far as I know, the weight room and recovery areas are still state of the art. VCU and Dayton had to build those to keep up with the 'Fetz. 

8 hours ago, prebilliken said:

Unlike VCU and Dayton, we don't have to build are development centers off of our main arena. As far as I know, the weight room and recovery areas are still state of the art. VCU and Dayton had to build those to keep up with the 'Fetz. 

I think our weight room is likely a little behind, but updating the locker room was the more obvious need and likely to deliver a much bigger impact (like for the weight room, who really cares as long as the trainer has all of the equipment he wants for the players). But man, looking at some of these facilities, it is just crazy to see the amount of $ in play yet paying these guys would be out of the question.

6 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

I am late to the thread..but I really appreciated that hangers in the locker room got discussed.  True sign of a sports fan web site to get into that level of detail.  (and I agree with @brianstl)

Serious statement here, if MBM's are upset with the hangers, you can get a package of 20 for about $20 to $30 on Amazon.  Invest $50 and you can solve the team's hanger problem.  Donate them on behalf of Billikens.com.  

40 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I think our weight room is likely a little behind, but updating the locker room was the more obvious need and likely to deliver a much bigger impact (like for the weight room, who really cares as long as the trainer has all of the equipment he wants for the players). But man, looking at some of these facilities, it is just crazy to see the amount of $ in play yet paying these guys would be out of the question.

I'm sure that its slightly dated since the Chaifetz was built in 2008... but as a pretty tech/workout savvy guy... How behind can a weight room really be as long as its not a rusted out garage? I think I see and agree to all your points. 

3 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

I'm sure that its slightly dated since the Chaifetz was built in 2008... but as a pretty tech/workout savvy guy... How behind can a weight room really be as long as its not a rusted out garage? I think I see and agree to all your points. 

Mandelbaum!

Image result for mandelbaum seinfeld

BigMouthBilliken likes this

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Serious statement here, if MBM's are upset with the hangers, you can get a package of 20 for about $20 to $30 on Amazon.  Invest $50 and you can solve the team's hanger problem.  Donate them on behalf of Billikens.com.  

It isn't a big deal and I am positive a lack of money isn't the reason for it.  It just caught my eye.  It just looks cheap for a project that you spent over a million dollars on.  It isn't a problem beyond the fact that it is another example of a small detail being over looked.

7 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I  know theres a lot on the athletic departments plate right now but why hasnt there been any videos or professional photos been put out there showcasing the new locker rooms?  Would be great to see.  

I can think of two possibilities: As mentioned by @keyser soze, they're not 100% finished - "They are technically not completed yet, the kitchens in the lounges are missing some equipment that is being installed very soon, gaming chairs, a couch or two, plus paint was possibly still wet" - and there also might be some nameplates they'd rather not feature in promotional videos/photos until the University's decision is final.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

I can think of two possibilities: As mentioned by @keyser soze, they're not 100% finished - "They are technically not completed yet, the kitchens in the lounges are missing some equipment that is being installed very soon, gaming chairs, a couch or two, plus paint was possibly still wet" - and there also might be some nameplates they'd rather not feature in promotional videos/photos until the University's decision is final.

I must have glossed over the fact they weren't finished yet so that makes sense.  

9 hours ago, prebilliken said:

I think Rocky IV provides the answer to this question.....

Image result for rocky iv

BigMouthBilliken likes this

• 4 weeks later...