New Locker Rooms

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

all fan billiken wear should always be billiken blue and all fans should always wear billiken blue to EVERY billiken event.  A sea of blue would add to the homecourt advantage and be very intimidating.

the billiken athletes for all sports should always wear white uniforms at home and billiken blue uniforms on the road.   

no alternatives for all of the above.  

any fan wearing black or gold at a billiken event should be arrested and removed immediately from the event.

So are you against people wearing replica home jerseys?

They aren't blue but they are clearly Billiken gear.

17 minutes ago, dlarry said:

So are you against people wearing replica home jerseys?

They aren't blue but they are clearly Billiken gear.

i think we should do all we can to create the hostile environment at Chaifetz and to me, a sea of blue (or white, as long as we are all the same) is an amazing platform.   by wearing alternative colors that is an indirect endorsement for the fans to do the same.   thus i think blue and white uniforms should be our rule.   now if saint louis university wants to change our school colors to black and white.   i will be the first to buy a black pullover for game day.  

17 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think we should do all we can to create the hostile environment at Chaifetz and to me, a sea of blue (or white, as long as we are all the same) is an amazing platform.   by wearing alternative colors that is an indirect endorsement for the fans to do the same.   thus i think blue and white uniforms should be our rule.   now if saint louis university wants to change our school colors to black and white.   i will be the first to buy a black pullover for game day.  

The Cardinals have lots of different colored jerseys.  They even give them out as give a ways - for example, this year they gave out a green one.  When you go to the games you see people with all kinds of different colored Cardinals gear.  I see your point but apparently if you want everybody to wear the same color then it will have to be give a way game like they do with white and blue shirts.  Even all the blues are not identical.  At this point I would be happy if people would not wear their Missouri or other schools colors to our games.

26 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I'm with ya.

It would be cool to see a sea of Blue every game. 

Shoot at this point I'd be happy if we could Get the entire crowd to participate in the blue out and white put games.

13 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

The Cardinals have lots of different colored jerseys.  They even give them out as give a ways - for example, this year they gave out a green one.  When you go to the games you see people with all kinds of different colored Cardinals gear.  I see your point but apparently if you want everybody to wear the same color then it will have to be give a way game like they do with white and blue shirts.  Even all the blues are not identical.  At this point I would be happy if people would not wear their Missouri or other schools colors to our games.

cardinal fans should all be wearing red only at every game. 

9 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

No it doesn’t. Look at Wichita st games...look at any college football games. I only agree with Roy that Billiken gear only should be worn to games but black, gray white or blue are fine as long as they are SLU 

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

No it doesn’t. Look at Wichita st games...look at any college football games. I only agree with Roy that Billiken gear only should be worn to games but black, gray white or blue are fine as long as they are SLU 

I was referencing here not other places.

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

actually i dont care if it is "slu" gear.   i just want billiken blue or as close to that as possible.   if xyz came in with a kansas city royals blue t-shirt and 05 came in with a black slu pullover, i say xyz would be a more effective sitting fan to enhance the sea of blue atmosphere.   just my opinion.   i understand that completely.  

5 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

The team needs to stop giving out/selling different colors.

totally agree

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

actually i dont care if it is "slu" gear.   i just want billiken blue or as close to that as possible.   if xyz came in with a kansas city royals blue t-shirt and 05 came in with a black slu pullover, i say xyz would be a more effective sitting fan to enhance the sea of blue atmosphere.   just my opinion.   i understand that completely.  

Bananas take

36 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I agree with what you are saying, but on games where they give out t-shirts the old folks in the expensive seats won't even put them on to get the crowd looking all the same color.  I've given up yelling at them about it.  When they schedule a blue-out or white-out game, only the ends and upper deck appear color coordinated because the old farts refuse to throw a t-shirt over their plaid button downs.  If the bigger donors don't care about an intimidating color scheme on those games, I'm not sure the younger fans should have cool looking black jerseys kept from them in the name of uniformity.

32 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I agree with what you are saying, but on games where they give out t-shirts the old folks in the expensive seats won't even put them on to get the crowd looking all the same color.  I've given up yelling at them about it.  When they schedule a blue-out or white-out game, only the ends and upper deck appear color coordinated because the old farts refuse to throw a t-shirt over their plaid button downs.  If the bigger donors don't care about an intimidating color scheme on those games, I'm not sure the younger fans should have cool looking black jerseys kept from them in the name of uniformity.

totally agree with your take.   just p!sses me off as well.   they might as not even do the event.   give out a shirt but dont publicize the white out or blue out.   makes us look foolish.  

6 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Didn't realize until seeing those videos that we are just keeping up by making these renovations.  Someone at SLU needs to make a video like this.

So this is now wasting a lot of my time, look up some of the blue blood programs. Absolutely incredible how nice these facilities are, legitimate pro facilities.

Those are amazing. I don't think we need to build an entirely new development center, though that could happen in the longterm future if Ford gives us a sustained period of success. However I do think certain parts of the Fetz could continue to be upgraded to be more aesthetically on par with those facilities. The locker room is a fantastic start, kudos to all of those involved in making this happen. Will definitely boost our recruiting capacities.