Lisch looks good tonight vs the Jazz

Man, would sure like to see Lisch get to the NBA.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/basketball/sydney-kings-star-kevin-lisch-gets-nba-seal-of-approval-from-andrew-gaze-steve-blake/news-story/4ece0b798c01935172f584a876713fd5

Also hoping his sister joins the NBA.  The Naked Butt Association.

Tonka likes this

13 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

After all the downbeat news on the board lately, I needed this.

+100

I was watching the Celtics-Charlotte exhibition game last night, the announcers commented on the shortening of the NBA exhibition season, I wonder if that will have a positive or negative effect on Kevin's NBA future? 

17 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

After all the downbeat news on the board lately, I needed this.

Well, here's some more gender reality for you:

Teresa Lisch will never play in the NBA.  She's not allowed.  She has to settle for making vastly less money doing the same job as her male counterparts, but in the WNBA.

The Wet Naked Butt Association.

28 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Well, here's some more gender reality for you:

Teresa Lisch will never play in the NBA.  She's not allowed.  She has to settle for making vastly less money doing the same job as her male counterparts, but in the WNBA.

The Wet Naked Butt Association.

Do more people attend these "WNBA" games than the "NBA"?

9 minutes ago, almaman said:

his her actually trying out for a NBA team?

Teresa tore up her knee playing in France and has since had twins.  Teresa's playing days are over as she settles into fulltime Mother.   

32 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Teresa tore up her knee playing in France and has since had twins.  Teresa's playing days are over as she settles into fulltime Mother.   

That's a bummer.  She was probably better than Kevin, relatively speaking.  Certainly better than gotdamn Trent Meacham.

I wonder if Lisch would consider going to an NBA camp and trying to make a team.  Maybe just for one season got to camp, hook on with a D League squad and work for a callup.  Just to see if he's that good.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

I wonder if Lisch would consider going to an NBA camp and trying to make a team.  Maybe just for one season got to camp, hook on with a D League squad and work for a callup.  Just to see if he's that good.

He's around 30 years old now, not sure if there would be interest

He is one of the highest paid players in Australia.   I wouldn't take a D league paycut of that magnitude plus disrupt his family.   If he would consider it would be for guaranteed NBA money.   And Frankly he is likely a borderline NBA talent that is now 30 years old.   Just don't see the NBA giving that opportunity to Kevin.  Just my opinion.   I've never discussed with him.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

He is one of the highest paid players in Australia.   I wouldn't take a D league paycut of that magnitude plus disrupt his family.   If he would consider it would be for guaranteed NBA money.   And Frankly he is likely a borderline NBA talent that is now 30 years old.   Just don't see the NBA giving that opportunity to Kevin.  Just my opinion.   I've never discussed with him.

This is my take on it as well.  If Kevin was chasing an NBA dream, he'd probably have tried to catch on years ago.  He won the Aussie league MVP back in 2012.  He may have even been on a track to try to eventually go the the NBA when he went to Europe for a while (2013 - 15), but dealt with some injuries and ultimately returned to Australia.  The ship has sailed IMO and that's not necessarily a bad thing for Kevin.  He seems to be doing very well for himself in Australia, has a family, etc.