MAC College Basketballs Tip Off Luncheon

3 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I like Hines as a person but if he sees the court this year other than mop up minutes we wont be very good.  

To qualify, in the same section Ford talked about leadership not only on the court but the bench as well. He talked about being a good teammate. I honestly wouldn't read anything into it other than keeping the focus off any investigation.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Ford mentioned his three seniors in a generic discussion about leadership. He's not giving the media anything to run with. Handled like an experienced coach. I'm hopeful that the lack of interviews in the short term means that the young men will be cleared in the next few weeks.

If they are cleared I hope those that sent out that text/tweet will be punished. It was so effing disparaging.

25 minutes ago, NH said:

Travis Ford's boss is Chris May. Chris May's boss is Fred Pestello. I'm assuming it's not up to either May or Ford whether they can do interviews right now. 

In theory that is how it works. But Chris May isn't hiring or firing Travis Ford. Pestello and the board is making those decisions. The chain of command is a little fungible when it comes to the highest paid employees at a Univeristy, not just SLU. 

31 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

In theory that is how it works. But Chris May isn't hiring or firing Travis Ford. Pestello and the board is making those decisions. The chain of command is a little fungible when it comes to the highest paid employees at a Univeristy, not just SLU. 

Fair enough. The point remains that media availability likely comes from someone above the athletic department 

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Ford mentioned his three seniors in a generic discussion about leadership. He's not giving the media anything to run with. Handled like an experienced coach. I'm hopeful that the lack of interviews in the short term means that the young men will be cleared in the next few weeks.

+1 

Having had a high public profile job at one time I often would have to talk to the media or was called by the media for a statement. All the media experts tell you the worst thing to say is "no comment".  What they advise is to simply decline the interview or be prepared to explain why you and your organization are bound by privacy laws that prevent you from discussing the topic. Media people know the answer to that already and usually stop. The letter Pestello put out says this so no need to say anything more. Any media person not understanding this is just showing their stupidity. 

5 hours ago, kshoe said:

Do you have some sort of auto-alert set up that notifies you when someone on this message board mentions Mizzou or Cuonzo? It typically only take a few minutes for you to respond.

fckdude   he answered the ? where was Martin?. We can all agree he'd be good one to have the answer on here, same as if I asked how's the food these days at Kenrick Seminary I'd be betting Glorydaz would answer. b cool if you could not point out every time your 5th column MU guys post something about MU. imho more bothersome than the posts your pissed about.

Of the 3 players coach mentioned Roby the only one that most would reasonably project to be one our top 6 players. If he didn't mention any of the perps which one could well assume he wouldn't then all four guys would be in amongst the rest of the team. There are 9 other scholarship guys. One's Welmer who is surely not top six guys on roster. That leaves 8. If Welmer is not one of the 4 then 4 of those 8 are the perps. 5 of those are 5 of the top 6 players on the team.

7 minutes ago, almaman said:

Of the 3 players coach mentioned Roby the only one that most would reasonably project to be one our top 6 players. If he didn't mention any of the perps which one could well assume he wouldn't then all four guys would be in amongst the rest of the team. There are 9 other scholarship guys. One's Welmer who is surely not top six guys on roster. That leaves 8. If Welmer is not one of the 4 then 4 of those 8 are the perps. 5 of those are 5 of the top 6 players on the team.

What 

This clip was good, hearing the details on four types of rebounding.  These basic details are many times the difference between winning and losing - long shot rebounding, short shot rebounding, transitional rebounding and rotational rebounding.  I frankly had never heard the term rotational rebounding.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

This clip was good, hearing the details on four types of rebounding.  These basic details are many times the difference between winning and losing - long shot rebounding, short shot rebounding, transitional rebounding and rotational rebounding.  I frankly had never heard the term rotational rebounding.

Slu hasn’t heard of rebounding since Loe and Evans left. French plays like a junior senior Evans