Jesus Ortiz

Thanks Jesus for the impartial hard hitting coverage of all going on at Saint Louis University.  Every school has its challenges.  Some deal them appropriately, others do not.  I'll be looking for your in-depth coverage on the pattern of poor behavior and lack of transparency that continues in real time at the University of Missouri.

Sophomore Dimetrios Mason, second on the team with 13 catches, is no longer a member of the program, a source confirmed Saturday. Sources confirmed Mason was dismissed for disciplinary reasons. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a clown and a troll. Posting pictures of concession stands and closed doors as if restricted media access to a basketball team is some type of egregious crime against humanity. Don't even get me started on the follow up tweet complaining about some song that the softball team was playing during warm ups. 

The P-D went from having Miklasz, Strauss, and Burwell to Hochman and Ortiz. What a drop off in quality. 

Edit: just saw his column today on it. Jesus Christ. 

majerus mojo likes this

Gotta love that Ortiz has never written anything about the Bills until now. At this point I don't think the Post even tries to hide that they love Mi$$ou and completely look down on SLU, a regional attitude towards SLU's program I won't bother delving into again. Even Stu won't stick up for the program. Gutless on his part. 

Ortiz isn't going to care what the police investigation shows.  He wants the school to throw the hammer at the players.

It’s important to remember that none of the players were eventually charged, but the school still found that Mitchell and Reed had violated the campus conduct code.

SLU survived quite well with a losing basketball program in recent years. There’s no need to sacrifice the Catholic university’s standards to rush the school back to basketball relevance.

Agree with all-this clown didn't know SLU existed until this incident.  Says MU program has a "buzz".  Hey Jesus you didn't cover us before so don't now! This is a definite case where Jesus doesn't save.  PD sure likes to hire those who don't have a clue about what their covering.  Did something change where Stu is not the SLU beat writer?

Every click the article gets is a good thing for Ortiz. I won't even give him the satisfaction of someone reading his garbage. The PD wants people to have been sexually assaulted so that they have a good story. If players are cleared and were competing for a conference championship, Ortiz will be nowhere to be found 

13 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Every click the article gets is a good thing for Ortiz. I won't even give him the satisfaction of someone reading his garbage. The PD wants people to have been sexually assaulted so that they have a good story. If players are cleared and were competing for a conference championship, Ortiz will be nowhere to be found 

This response to a very legitimate point tells you everything you need to know. He's a troll that only cares about clicks.

I read the PD article, shrugged it off, and finished my breakfast.  To me it was a 'whatever'.  It didn't give me any new information, it didn't change my opinion of what is going on.  I didn't renew my subscription to the PD nor did I cancel it.

With all the criticism from the above posters, I would like to ask any of them to write three to five short paragraphs on what they would have liked the PD to write today about the situation including the closed practice.  It is easy to criticize, I do it all the time.  It is another to come up with a constructive alternative.

I for one, don't have any better copy to forward.  Not much you can say about what is going on that hasn't already been stated. 

The only new information that would be of interest to me, would have been whether or not there were any recruit visits this weekend.  Pistol I believe, indicated one was scheduled.  Normally, recruit visits and making a recruit's cut down list, aren't newsworthy, to me.  But this one recruit visit, due to the timing, would be of note.  I don't care who he is, all I want to know is did he visit.

CBFan likes this

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

I read the PD article, shrugged it off, and finished my breakfast.  To me it was a 'whatever'.  It didn't give me any new information, it didn't change my opinion of what is going on.  I didn't renew my subscription to the PD nor did I cancel it.

With all the criticism from the above posters, I would like to ask any of them to write three to five short paragraphs on what they would have liked the PD to write today about the situation including the closed practice.  It is easy to criticize, I do it all the time.  It is another to come up with a constructive alternative.

I for one, don't have any better copy to forward.  Not much you can say about what is going on that hasn't already been stated. 

The only new information that would be of interest to me, would have been whether or not there were any recruit visits this weekend.  Pistol I believe, indicated one was scheduled.  Normally, recruit visits and making a recruit's cut down list, aren't newsworthy, to me.  But this one recruit visit, due to the timing, would be of note.  I don't care who he is, all I want to know is did he visit.

Hmmmm.....maybe you missed the cheap, condescending comments. Implying we are similar to Baylor; that we are not worthy of playing Missouri; suggesting Ford is covering up, etc.  It was pure garbage.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I love how he says he is a lot like Joe Strauss in that interview. 

He tries to be like Joe Strauss but he doesn't have the ability to do it and it ends up making him sound bitter and uniformed. 

The guy is a hack. I literally don't know one person who enjoys his writing. Not 1. I'm not a fan of Hochman or Fredrickson but I still read their stuff. I skip everyone of Ortiz's articles.

The sooner the PD realized they made an error in hiring this doofus the better.

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You're acting like they were required to write an opinion piece about the slu practice. They did not. It was Ortiz looking to write something that would stir the pot. I am not going to submit 3-5 paragraphs to you because there is no need to write anything until they have more facts to work with.

Zink, QUAILMAN and majerus mojo like this