Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

Absolutely not. I hope that the investigation finds the players innocent.

Again,the players are to blame for being in this position. They are the ones who decided to have sex with these girls. I assume one of the players thought it was a good idea to video the encounter and allegedly share online.

Why are the players not being held accountable for their actions?

I'm sorry you didn't get to have sex before 30 trollkowski. It's not their fault.

rgbilliken and NextYearBill like this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

This, my fellow posters, is what every man accused at SLU is up against.  From a 2 year old article where an innocent SLU student was suspended for a year:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/education/slu-case-highlights-the-gray-areas-of-campus-sex-assault/article_160c1a40-03c7-5db7-bb9d-ab23b1ca858e.html

Anna Kratky is SLU’s Title IX coordinator. She has a law degree and formerly worked in the circuit attorney’s office.

She defended the university’s process for handling sexual assault as “an absolutely fair process,” carried out by well-trained staff.

Additionally, Kratky said SLU is constantly revising its policies and making revisions to the entire investigative process.

“Frankly, we’re very proud of it,” she said.

Offices and departments with people like Kratky are the problem -- good intentioned but the pendulum has, indeed, swung way too far.  A woman being unconscious or so drunk as to know what is going on and/or if the guy is sober and takes advantage of a woman is such condition is rape and should be punished.  A woman who drinks too much as evening with a guy who also drinks too much, who can walk a mile, who goes to her own dorm room to pack an overnight bag, who asks for condom, etc. should not be a Title IX victim.  If she has no liability due to her drunken condition, then neither should he.

And to those like who who believe code of conduct violations might be probation, loss of practices, a few games or even a semester?  WRONG.  These Title IX zealots who want expulsion.

Ms. Kratky:  how would SLU "easily backtrack" and give these players their NCAA eligibility back? And again, must scholarship athletes not play pending investigation when no similar consequence is imposed upon non-scholarship athletes?  Lax is correct:  justice delayed is justice denied to scholarship athletes.

And has anyone else wondered if different levels of involvement exist within the 3 suspended players?  Obviously, it was originally 4 accused and then recanted and changed to 3.  Maybe only 2 had sex and 1 posted the video?  Maybe the video is only of 1 couple?  Group sex or 3 couples?  3 accusers and 3 suspended players suggest each player had sex, possibly only once, each with only 1 of the accusers as opposed to group, train sex.  Who knows.  Further, it is probable that the 3 accusers had consumed different levels of alcohol , that this can and likely is making this more complex but that this probably makes no difference to Ms. Kratky.   If boys have sex with girls who drink, the boys are guilty under Title IX - travesty.

jimbofive likes this

29 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

I have had 3 friends at slu get falsely punished for something they never did regarding title 9. 1 of them wasn’t even in the country when he was accoused. SLU is going to get a large lawsuit eventually. 

one time i cussed out the front desk worker in Reinert while smuggling in a hockey bag full of beer.... went to student conduct thing.... they had the entire incident correct, word for word, it was impressive how accurate the report was.... then i denied it all and went on my merry way.... i should of sued them 

30 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

one time i cussed out the front desk worker in Reinert while smuggling in a hockey bag full of beer.... went to student conduct thing.... they had the entire incident correct, word for word, it was impressive how accurate the report was.... then i denied it all and went on my merry way.... i should of sued them 

You shouldn't have mentioned your own personal experience... Now you'll be subjected to a backdated, retroactive violation as a "Male Oppressor."

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

This, my fellow posters, is what every man accused at SLU is up against.  From a 2 year old article where an innocent SLU student was suspended for a year:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/education/slu-case-highlights-the-gray-areas-of-campus-sex-assault/article_160c1a40-03c7-5db7-bb9d-ab23b1ca858e.html

Anna Kratky is SLU’s Title IX coordinator. She has a law degree and formerly worked in the circuit attorney’s office.

She defended the university’s process for handling sexual assault as “an absolutely fair process,” carried out by well-trained staff.

Additionally, Kratky said SLU is constantly revising its policies and making revisions to the entire investigative process.

After reading that, we won't see the 3 players on the court this season. 

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

If the same person that decided that case is deciding this one, these guys haven't got a chance. 

What ultra universe is Ann Kratky living in if she takes ownership and is "very proud of it" when speaking of the slu title 9 process?  there is a woman that needs a quick wake up call.   

2 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

I have had 3 friends at slu get falsely punished for something they never did regarding title 9. 1 of them wasn’t even in the country when he was accoused. SLU is going to get a large lawsuit eventually. 

Interesting.   If you don't mind, and without too many details, can you give us a quick summary of the 3 charges your friends faced, obviously you believe they were each innocent (and while I am sorry to hear they were each wrongfully accused/convicted) I am actually more interested in the hearing about the process they received such as the length of time the investigations took, if they ever got to question or address their accusers, who or what group makes the decision, who or what group decides the appeal, what the punishments were and if anyone's appeal reduced their punishment.  Just trying to get a feel for what the consequences are, if found guilty, for the more "normal" or "routine" Title IX offenses. 

8 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

then you are a complete idiot.   if there was even a sliver of a chance of real sexual assault, the players would have been taken into custody by the police at some point.  they never were.  this is soley the archaic saint louis university code of ethics that is dragging on far longer than it has to be.   the players are not guilty of sexual assault of any degree. 

you constantly talk about rush to judgement, yet you havent posted a timeline that backs up the need to be into the third month with nothing decided.   this should have been settled in two weeks.  

make a decision so all concerned can move on.   

Could  they didn't rush to judgement in the Duke Lacrosse case.

Or the UVA rape case that was made up.

On December 8, 2017 at 4:10 PM, ARon said:

It is a pretty big jump to assume the final decision makers here give a damn about the team’s won-loss record.  If anything they may want to demonstrate just how little that matters to them.

That being said, if this is not resolved in some form by Christmas break I would expect at least some of the accused to seriously consider enrolling at another school for the spring.

They shouldn't give a damn about the teams won/loss record.

6 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Are you really that dumb or is all if this an act?  A trolling act. Either way, your life must really be void. 

13 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

You've brought up the duke lacrosse case a few times now.    So apparently you believe the players are going to be declared guilty and booted out of school and a year later found to be innocent?  

The difference sherlock, duke was dealing with the law.  The players had been arrested and charged.    st louis police after nearly 3 months of reviewing the evidence saw no reason to press any charges in our case.  This is all on the keystone university title 9 group.