Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that it's come to this. Examining a shootaround photo like it's the Zapruder film.

Bottom line: Looking through it, it appears that the players in question are not there.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I hate that it's come to this. Examining a shootaround photo like it's the Zapruder film.

Bottom line: Looking through it, it appears that the players in question are not there.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Not sure, but I'm assuming if they were cleared SLU would want to get it out ASAP. 

why?  as far as i remember SLU has never said any particular players are suspended or involved in anything.   by conjecture we have assumed certain players are but nothing has ever been released specifically about any player(s).  i suspect if they are allowed to start playing it will be with no comments whatsoever. 

20 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Not sure, but I'm assuming if they were cleared SLU would want to get it out ASAP. 

Why?  It seems there would be an advantage in not saying anything so V Tech can’t prepare for them being in the lineup. 

With that said, I don’t think they are playing tonight. 

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

why?  as far as i remember SLU has never said any particular players are suspended or involved in anything.   by conjecture we have assumed certain players are but nothing has ever been released specifically about any player(s).  i suspect if they are allowed to start playing it will be with no comments whatsoever. 

No way, the press would have a field day with that. At the minimum SLU has to put out a press release exonerating the players if that is the case.  My damn complaint is why SLU is taking the full 60 days allowed for the investigation.  It has been over 50 days since the letter was released regarding the matter by SLU's President.  Why drag this to the last day?

2 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

No way, the press would have a field day with that. At the minimum SLU has to put out a press release exonerating the players if that is the case.  My damn complaint is why SLU is taking the full 60 days allowed for the investigation.  It has been over 50 days since the letter was released regarding the matter by SLU's President.  Why drag this to the last day?

One theory I've heard is that using the full amount of time for the investigation allows the university to save some face if the investigation results in no suspensions or expulsions. They can say that the players missed out on a few games, a trip to play in New York, etc.

5 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

What would VT do differently at this point to prepare for two guys who haven't played all year and never have played in a real game with this team (as currently configured)?

Freak out and forfeit? Would I still win my bet of Bills +13.5 if that happened?

9 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

The press has already had a field day.  I am not sure if SLU will put out much of a press release either way.  If they are cleared then all they have to say is the issue has been resolved.  The players have been cleared to play.  If they are not cleared all SLU has to do is say the matter has been concluded and appropriate action has been taken.  Is the best way to handle it - who knows this has been a very unfortunate issue from the get go.