OT: FBI Arrests NCAAB Asst. Coaches

slufan13

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, kshoe said:

You never want the FBI or NCAA reading every text or correspondence you had with recruits. Nobody is 100% clean. 

The only way they can read every text is if they have the device it was sent to or from. My guess is any text sent to or from Ford, was on a device that is no longer in the possesion of either party. And if they are in possession of these devices, take a page out of Hillary's playbook, and get out the bleach and hammers!

59 minutes ago, kshoe said:

You never want the FBI or NCAA reading every text or correspondence you had with recruits. Nobody is 100% clean. 

Not good they are going back that far, but Ford does not have a connection with Evans. The guy who appears to be more vulnerable would be Underwood who brought him to OSU.

51 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

The only way they can read every text is if they have the device it was sent to or from. My guess is any text sent to or from Ford, was on a device that is no longer in the possesion of either party. And if they are in possession of these devices, take a page out of Hillary's playbook, and get out the bleach and hammers!

Yeah, there is no way that the school phone that Ford had has any of the text messages sent still on it.  It was either given to another person at the school or sold at a surplus property auction.  In either case it was wiped clean before either of those things happened.  I doubt there is anything useful in the phone records or the emails.  Those are accessible in an open records request and only someone like Hugh Freeze would leave a trail there.   The request for social media records doesn't make sense either.  The coaches social media accounts are almost always their personal accounts.  The school won't be able to provide those.

It is almost like the people who put this request together have no idea how any of this stuff actually works.

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Not good they are going back that far, but Ford does not have a connection with Evans. The guy who appears to be more vulnerable would be Underwood who brought him to OSU.

It reads like it is more than Evans.  

Among the items being sought  include text messages, social media messages, computer records, the personnel file of Evans, and all documents and communications pertaining to financial aid for all current student athletes on Oklahoma State’s men’s basketball team.

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Now I doubt the FBI is going to pull all stops and go for broke in this investigation, but there are ways to get information from phones after it has been wiped clean in the usual manner.

There are ways to get info from phones after its been wiped clean, but you need the actual device to do so and the device can not be completely destroyed.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 12:40 PM, kshoe said:

So basically what you are saying is that the assistant coach at OSU (hired under Brad Underwood) that is accused of pushing one of his players to a sports agent pushed a player originally recruited by Ford? I don't see how that could really come back to Ford.

I see how that could get back to him

This could turn out very well for Ford. The FBI is going to deep dive into the Oklahoma State stuff. If they find nothing, Ford can stand on the rooftops and declare himself clean because the FBI investigated and found nothing. This isn't an NCAA investigation that has no nuts, it is a federal pound me bureau of an investigation. That would eliminate any clouds overhead or questions on if he or the SLU program would ever be hit with penalties of any sort. Another recruiting advantage! 

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

That was my first thought too. This is a kid that Ford recruited. Hopefully whatever shady activities went on occurred after he became a star averaging 17 ppg and not when he was a redshirt freshman averaging 2 a game.

5 minutes ago, kshoe said:

That was my first thought too. This is a kid that Ford recruited. Hopefully whatever shady activities went on occurred after he became a star averaging 17 ppg and not when he was a redshirt freshman averaging 2 a game.

looks like it's tied to a meeting in Morgantown between the FBI undercover agent and Evans. Guessing the meeting was last year, as that was Evans only year at Ok State?

The natural rush would be to question any Oklahoma State players or head coach Mike Boynton as to what they knew or had any involvement in the allegations against Evans and the documented meeting in the indictment from the Cowboys road trip to Morgantown, W.V. when Evans allegedly met with the federal government's cooperating witness and accepted bribe money for a meeting between the cooperative witness and an Oklahoma State player and future professional prospect identified first by the Stillwater News-Press as Jeffrey Carroll. The expected procedure would be to question Carroll and Boynton first.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/Article/Evans-Appears-in-Court-Schools-on-Hold-Rumors-Abound-108091569 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/2018/02/02/daniels-good-luck-fixing-cesspool-ncaa-condoleezza-rice/302446002/

Interesting article by Mitch Daniels, former governor of Indiana and now President of Purdue University. 

Interesting paragraph:    It’s startling how concentrated the phenomenon is. In the past five years, 45 percent of all “five-star” recruits, and 58 percent of all one-and-dones, have gone to just five schools. Our entire 14-member Big Ten conference, by contrast, has had 9.2 percent of the first category and 6.4 percent of the latter, collectively. One could tell conferences like ours that if we don’t like today’s situation, we can just establish our own rules, but unilateral disarmament never seems like a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

My concern is that all this could lead to some tempting job openings for Ford.  Frank C has already brought up the question of whether Louisville would be interested in Travis.  

Though with Louisville potentially facing the death penalty that may not be the greatest worry.

59 minutes ago, ARon said:

My concern is that all this could lead to some tempting job openings for Ford.  Frank C has already brought up the question of whether Louisville would be interested in Travis.  

Though with Louisville potentially facing the death penalty that may not be the greatest worry.

Travis won't be a serious candidate at Louisville and Louisville, nor any other D1 college, will ever face a true death penalty phase again.

2 minutes ago, teamarete said:

Travis won't be a serious candidate at Louisville and Louisville, nor any other D1 college, will ever face a true death penalty phase again.

Don’t tell me how to dream, guy.