2017-2018 Season Prediction thread

Glorydays2013

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, chillinthemost said:

anyone heard anything about some bad news coming through the pipeline?  I saw an email today regarding a similar situation to willie/kwamain/josh smif re: the current stars of the team.  Hope it isnt true but could be really bad...

Can you forward that email on? Could be true, but surprised they would send an email naming the stars of the basketball team. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Search "slu basketball" on Twitter, this may be where that post stemmed from.

I saw that too which is why I acknowledged it could be true. I was just curious about the email that was referenced. If they mentioned stars of the team, I would have been surprised. 

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

one random tweet...

And one that likely is in reference to the Kwamain, Willie situation given the hashtag of #SLU200. Likely someone that doesn't like SLU talking about it's 200 years and wants to drag up ugly parts of the past.

could very well be just that.

10 minutes ago, kshoe said:

one random tweet...

And one that likely is in reference to the Kwamain, Willie situation given the hashtag of #SLU200. Likely someone that doesn't like SLU talking about it's 200 years and wants to drag up ugly parts of the past.

This is wishful thinking. She's speaking in present tense. The previous instance happened 7 years ago; the person who tweeted this would've been starting HS at the time and probably not aware of it (same goes for the other 6 sorority girls who "liked" the tweet).

This would be probably the worst thing that can happen right now.

24 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Kind of impossible to dox someone when they put their name out there. 

Not sure what happened, but the SLU officials don't run the SLMPD or prosecutors office.

I think his point was that basketball is secondary here, so let's not let our fandom get in the way. Don't need to act foolishly or dismissively just because it (may) involves basketball.

Let's all just hold up on speculating. This isn't recruiting or coaching. 

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is wishful thinking. She's speaking in present tense. The previous instance happened 7 years ago; the person who tweeted this would've been starting HS at the time and probably not aware of it (same goes for the other 6 sorority girls who retweeted this).

This would be probably the worst thing that can happen right now.

Agreed. 

It is still one tweet. And the rights of the accusers go without saying. But there is no evidence connected otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

POST THE TWEET

You want to post a tweet giving names of people a tweet accused of rape with no knowledge if it is BS or not, but want to make sure the person who tweeted it originally is protected no matter what?  That is a little insane.

The best course of action is to wait to see if any facts come out before throwing anyone's name out there.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

You want to post a tweet giving names of people a tweet accused of rape with no knowledge if it is BS or not, but want to make sure the person who tweeted it originally is protected no matter what?  That is a little insane.

The best course of action is to wait to see if any facts come out before throwing anyone's name out there.

If its a tweet, its already in the public forum. 

This was an email sent from SLU DPS last night. Could have nothing to do with the basketball team. 

Based on new information provided to the University this afternoon, the following is an updated timely warning:

Dear students, faculty and staff,

Two female SLU students and a person not affiliated with SLU have reported that they were sexually assaulted in the early morning hours of Sept. 24, 2017, during a single incident that occurred in one on-campus apartment. The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department was first contacted and is investigating. The University is cooperating fully with the police department’s investigation, which is ongoing.

The University launched its own response through its Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity, in accordance with institutional policies. Members of SLU’s Title IX team have been in contact with the female students to offer support services and other assistance as needed.

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

I checked the hashtag #SLU200 and it refers to the celebration of the 200th anniversary of SLU with a mass and celebrations, big event. Found nothing about the alleged gang rape. Where is the tweet? It is not in #SLU 200

the tweet I shared was by searching "slu basketballl"

The one shared a few minutes ago, although looked to be a tweet, I cant find.