2017-2018 Season Prediction thread

Glorydays2013

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked again, this time at "slu basketball" and found the post by someone called Zaddy Schultz @ madeline_lou. All she said is what was posted before. Checked Zaddy Schultz's page and this is a high school woman with multiple posts about primarily her social life, there was nothing at her page regarding this issue. As far as I am concerned there are no names named or direct implication of the basketball team, that is unless someone can come up with a source describing the event and naming names. 

This is not the time to want to die, not yet anyways.

Box you simply cannot be that insecure, or can you? SLU has thousands of male students, why assume any one of these particular team were involved, are they the only ones that you think are capable of doing this?

Zink what names were named? Do you recall?

Final question is: Do the basketball players live in off campus apartments?

Just now, Old guy said:

Box you simply cannot be that insecure, or can you? SLU has thousands of male students, why assume any one of these particular team were involved, are they the only ones that you think are capable of doing this?

Nobody is going to post names here. It was irresponsible of anyone to tweet names in the first place. Accused still have rights, innocent until proven guilty.

prebilliken likes this

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nobody is going to post names here. It was irresponsible of anyone to tweet names in the first place. Accused still have rights, innocent until proven guilty.

For clarification, the person who tweeted a screen shot of player names seems to not be a current student. The original tweet that started this firestorm is, by the looks of her PUBLIC twitter, a current student at SLU. 

We are going to have to play the waiting game here. 

That is not always the case, 05 the University may decide to squash the issue by suspending players well before it gets to court. No need to name names, I agree. But just tell me, did you see the tweet naming names or  the text message doing the same, or is this just something you heard?

7 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

We're talking about Billiken basketball here.  The worst-case scenario always plays out.

This is how I'm also feeling this morning.

If it is the names that have been sent around a little bit on Twitter (repost of a screenshot of an iPhone conversation), then the program is about to hit the reset button yet again.

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

That is not always the case, 05 the University may decide to squash the issue by suspending players well before it gets to court. No need to name names, I agree. But just tell me, did you see the tweet naming names or  the text message doing the same, or is this just something you heard?

I’ve seen everything that’s out there.

26 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I'm not going to post names publicly on this message board until after they are named by law enforcement or the University. The info is floating around elsewhere, anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Zink said:

I'm not going to post names publicly on this message board until after they are named by law enforcement or the University. The info is floating around elsewhere, anyway. 

I think this is a good position for all of us to take. It isn't hard to find what others are referencing.

19 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

The only thing I can find is from back in May and did not involve the basketball team at all, although in the picture the perp  was in a basketball style jersey.  Is it possible this was a goofball passing on third hand bad info?

No. There is an investigation and that it is being handled. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think no matter what happens we will be a significantly better team this year than last year. The players who transferred would have never made a rotation on this roster, and our best players last year are competing for an off the bench role this year. 

Hopefully soon they release a video of the new team including the new Locker room