NBCSN A10 Games Announced

Taj79

On 9/19/2017 at 7:41 PM, slu72 fan said:

No, it's not all right. But, I've learned fighting with a person over their cheapness never changes their mind. 

Generally, millennials not only think it's OK, but think I'm stupid to pay for the service. (I don't know if JMM28 is a millennial)

Coming in hot with the sweeping generalizations!  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/20/2017 at 2:20 PM, NH said:

I'm a millennial. I use my parents foxsportsgo login to watch the games. I don't feel particularly guilty. I also don't think you're stupid to pay for the service. I pay for Netflix, HBONow, Spotify, The Athletic. I think it's on consumers to put forth an honest effort to pay for the services they use and it's up to the media outlets to police the usage. But I'm not going to feel guilty if there's a slu game on and I ask my dad for the uverse login to watch on FoxSportsGo.

As a millennial, I have a DirecTVNow (Go Big package), Netflix, HBOGO, Spotify, Hulu and Amazon Video subscriptions. However, none of these options offer me FoxSports Midwest due to my current location. If Netflix taught us anything it's that the consumer will pay if you give them an option to watch a channel at a fair rate per month. However, at this time this option doesn't exist for fans outside of the regional market due to the contract rights by the major satellite and cable providers. Thus people will resort to other options to watch the content or games they want.  

Moreover, I hardly consider streaming a basketball game to be the same as going into Walmart and shoplifting. I would put watching a game online in the same category as going to a sports bar to watch the game. But instead of holding up a table of theirs all night you are able to enjoy it in your own environment. Not to mention you are still watching TV advertisements which help keep our games on TV.    

That being said, I might need someone to lend me their FoxSportsGo login so I help provide these games to all for free :) 

1 hour ago, Go_Bills said:

As a millennial, I have a DirecTVNow (Go Big package), Netflix, HBOGO, Spotify, Hulu and Amazon Video subscriptions. However, none of these options offer me FoxSports Midwest due to my current location. If Netflix taught us anything it's that the consumer will pay if you give them an option to watch a channel at a fair rate per month. However, at this time this option doesn't exist for fans outside of the regional market due to the contract rights by the major satellite and cable providers. Thus people will resort to other options to watch the content or games they want.  

Moreover, I hardly consider streaming a basketball game to be the same as going into Walmart and shoplifting. I would put watching a game online in the same category as going to a sports bar to watch the game. But instead of holding up a table of theirs all night you are able to enjoy it in your own environment. Not to mention you are still watching TV advertisements which help keep our games on TV.    

That being said, I might need someone to lend me their FoxSportsGo login so I help provide these games to all for free :) 

As long as you stream it for the rest of us morally questionable non-millennial cord cutters.....

14 hours ago, Go_Bills said:

I'm in again for this year...

26 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

couple of interesting games not being picked up yet for tv, especially when we play at Davidson, at saint Josephs, and at st Bonaventure  

They tend not to pick up away games unless the home team has a feed the station can piggy back on for a low cost.  We will have to wait and see what happens with those games.  The cost for a local station to send people up there to announce/produce and then hire camera people is not something they want to do if they can buy it for very little.