NBCSN A10 Games Announced

Taj79

6 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

For those of us who don't pay for TV, I noticed that Stadium is now digital OTA channel 30-4 in St. Louis.

Channel 30 is a Sinclair owned station.  If you live in a city with a Sinclair owned station it is likely one of their digital channels is now Stadium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stations_owned_or_operated_by_Sinclair_Broadcast_Group

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

Channel 30 is a Sinclair owned station.  If you live in a city with a Sinclair owned station it is likely one of their digital channels is now Stadium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stations_owned_or_operated_by_Sinclair_Broadcast_Group

Cool. We're gonna get a lot of commercials like "Buy Gold Now!" and "Stock your home fallout shelter!" and for mobility scooters and whatnot.

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Cool. We're gonna get a lot of commercials like "Buy Gold Now!" and "Stock your home fallout shelter!" and for mobility scooters and whatnot.

I use my mobility scooter to haul my gold coins to my fall out shelter.

Don't forget diabeetus.

maxresdefault.jpg

21 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

That logic makes no sense to me.  More modern ought to mean easier to setup broadcasts, not harder.  Now being the geographic outlier in the A10 could be a more logical explanation.

By the way, my cable system still has ASN and is still broadcasting A10 stuff like soccer, volleyball, and even some field hockey this month.  So heres hoping the basketball coverage continues............

My point was that I prefer road games be on TV, because I go to the home games.  Networks prefer the modern facilities at Chaifetz, so we get more home games broadcast.  I could care less about home games being broadcast, because I'm there.

11 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

My point was that I prefer road games be on TV, because I go to the home games.  Networks prefer the modern facilities at Chaifetz, so we get more home games broadcast.  I could care less about home games being broadcast, because I'm there.

Very envious of that. For me, as an out of town fan, Fox Sports Midwest is quite literally the only thing keeping me from full on cable cutting. 

I wish Fox would digitize all of their regional networks. Sigh

On 9/18/2017 at 2:00 PM, billiken_roy said:

home games on TV dont interest me in the least.   im at the games.  why would i care.   i totally understand we have to pay to show games and the home games are cheaper to produce, but who is our audience for those games?   our loyal fans are like me at the game so we are hitting the sports nut just looking for a game on tv?   the few that cant afford to come to the game but consider themselves a billiken fan?  does that fan give us much hope as a booster down the road?    the problem is that the A10 is currently ignoring us on their schedule which i cant blame them considering the last three years.   we have to start winning again and then and only then do we have any leverage for anything.   folks crewsie killed us.  

As a Bills fan in NYC I greatly appreciate those televised games. FoxSportsGo is a lifesaver.

52 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Very envious of that. For me, as an out of town fan, Fox Sports Midwest is quite literally the only thing keeping me from full on cable cutting. 

I wish Fox would digitize all of their regional networks. Sigh

The Fox Sports Go app will get you access to all the events on Fox Sports regional channels if you have a password for someones account that has those channels.

I recently cut the cord in a house with my wife and two small kids. It has been awesome. The key is to just borrow someones account password and you're golden. All the content in a pretty much on demand format. 

3 hours ago, JMM28 said:

The Fox Sports Go app will get you access to all the events on Fox Sports regional channels if you have a password for someones account that has those channels.

I recently cut the cord in a house with my wife and two small kids. It has been awesome. The key is to just borrow someones account password and you're golden. All the content in a pretty much on demand format. 

I'm surprised no one has questioned the honesty of such actions. I guess if it's to watch the Bills it's OK. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

I'm surprised no one has questioned the honesty of such actions. I guess if it's to watch the Bills it's OK. 

No, it's not all right. But, I've learned fighting with a person over their cheapness never changes their mind. 

Generally, millennials not only think it's OK, but think I'm stupid to pay for the service. (I don't know if JMM28 is a millennial)

6 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

No, it's not all right. But, I've learned fighting with a person over their cheapness never changes their mind. 

Generally, millennials not only think it's OK, but think I'm stupid to pay for the service. (I don't know if JMM28 is a millennial)

I don't know why anyone would ever feel guilty, or cheap, about stealing a few hours from BIG CABLE, and I don't doubt that you have never successfully argued your stance, ha. I also don't think those that pay for cable (I pay for cable) are stupid, and am sure this is not a 'general' opinion, as well

27 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I don't know why anyone would ever feel guilty, or cheap, about stealing a few hours from BIG CABLE, and I don't doubt that you have never successfully argued your stance, ha. I also don't think those that pay for cable (I pay for cable) are stupid, and am sure this is not a 'general' opinion, as well

So what's my limit from Walmart? 

The morality or ethics of using someone's account by getting the password from them is one thing - the real question is if a person is willing to give their password out then I guess that is their business and perhaps the cable company needs to figure a way to police that practice.  At this point, people will do whatever they want to do.

1 hour ago, slu72 fan said:

I have a Directv now subscription. I just have no use for Fox Sports Midwest unless it’s for a SLU game.

I’d actually say me watching the game on Fox Sports Go is more valuable to SLU than watching it on your cable box in St. Louis. My watching will be tracked, logged, recorded as a tally of interest. Unless you are a Nielsen family, no one knows or cares what you’re watching on a cable box. More people tracked watching SLU is good for the future of having games on tv, as revenue, whatever. But that’s just another view of it all. 

10 hours ago, JMM28 said:

I have a Directv now subscription. I just have no use for Fox Sports Midwest unless it’s for a SLU game.

I’d actually say me watching the game on Fox Sports Go is more valuable to SLU than watching it on your cable box in St. Louis. My watching will be tracked, logged, recorded as a tally of interest. Unless you are a Nielsen family, no one knows or cares what you’re watching on a cable box. More people tracked watching SLU is good for the future of having games on tv, as revenue, whatever. But that’s just another view of it all. 

So do you get a different Fox Sports regional network through DirectTV Now?

31 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

So do you get a different Fox Sports regional network through DirectTV Now?

I only get FS1 from DirecTV Now, but I only have the lowest package so no regionals. If you have AT&T cell service on unlimited data, you get DirecTV Now basic for $10 a month. 

I have an AppleTV on all of our TVs so the Fox Sports Go app gives you access to all the stuff on FS1 plus the regional FS that the account has. 

18 hours ago, slu72 fan said:

I'm a millennial. I use my parents foxsportsgo login to watch the games. I don't feel particularly guilty. I also don't think you're stupid to pay for the service. I pay for Netflix, HBONow, Spotify, The Athletic. I think it's on consumers to put forth an honest effort to pay for the services they use and it's up to the media outlets to police the usage. But I'm not going to feel guilty if there's a slu game on and I ask my dad for the uverse login to watch on FoxSportsGo.

rgbilliken and TaLBErt like this

• 4 weeks later...

-and now we will see game times announced

-thanks to the ADept for getting this together, i think it is important and this season especially

-it sure looks like Richmond is the only school that televises their home games as our road game there seems to always be televised, there might be others but not many