NBCSN A10 Games Announced

Taj79

And we get no love.  Our only broadcast is Saturday, January 13 whilest at Mason.  For the scheduled, gam etim eis 2:30 pm EST.  The only othe rlisting we get is our women's hoem game against Fordham on Wednesday, January 31 with a noon EST tip.

Games:

11/26:  Temple at La Salle @ 5:00 pm (all times EST)

12/09:  Penn @ Dayton @ 3:00 pm

12/16;: Georgia @ Umass @ 3:00 pm

12/23: Wagner @ Dayton @ 3:00 pm

12/30:  Fordham @ VCU @ 12:30 pm

12/30:  Umass @ St. Bonaventure @ 2:30 pm

01/06: Umass @ Dayton @ Noon

01/06: VCU @ La Salle @ 2:00 pm

01/07:  Davidson @ Mason @ Noon

01/10: WOMEN: Richmond @ St. Joe's @ noon

01/13: La Salle @ Duquesne @ 12:30 pm

01/13: Saint louis @ Mason @ 2:30 pm

01/13: George Washington @ Richmond @ 4:30 pm

01/14: Davidson @ Fordham @ 3:00 pm

01/14: St. Joe's @ Umass @ 5:00 pm

01/20: George Washington @ VCU @ 12;30 pm

01/20:  La Salle @ Richmond @ 2:30 pm

01/20: Mason @ Duquesne @ 4:30 pm

01/27: Duquesne @ Rhode Island @ Noon

01/27: Umass @ Fordham @ 2:00 pm

01/28: George Washington @ St. Bonaventure @ Noon

01/28: Richmond @ Davidson @ 2:00 pm

01/28: WOMEN: St. Bonaventure @ Duquesne @ 4:00 pm

01/31: WOMEN: Fordham @ Saint Louis @ Noon

02/03: Mason @ Richmond @ 4:30 pm

02/03: Duquesne @ St. Bonaventure @ 6:30 pm

03/03: George Washington @ Dayton @ 12:30 pm

03/08: A10 Second Round (4 games)

03/09: A10 Quarterfinals (4 games)

A whole lot of wasteland between February 3 and March 3.  Yet the schedule announced shows no possibility or even a hint that more will be added in February.  I have to think there will be some somewhere.  That's a whole month.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Rickma's boys, 2011-14, we got a lot of games on FoxMW. What's the status there? Are they going to do most of our home games? Also, I think we have more than just a few on CBS. The only reason I'd watch ESPN these days is if the Bills or Giants are on.

Note to Taj Mahal 79: No Giant jokes about the Girls game will be accepted.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:04 PM, majerus mojo said:

Go_Bills >>>> NBCSN

Haha, thanks man! I will try my best to keep providing Billikens.com with quality streaming links for this upcoming season. I am currently in the process of upgrading my internet speeds so hopefully, it will allow for an increase in video quality for future games. However, I feel that it must be noted that I can only provide my services and information if our game is already being recorded/broadcasted somewhere else. With that said, if you guys have any links or information about an upcoming game please feel to post it as it makes my job easier on game day.    

Lastly,  I am not sure if I'm late to the party but I was just able to find out that 4 of our games will be broadcasted on CBSSports for this upcoming season. 

Dec 2: Bulter -FS1

image.thumb.png.43450dff4e3b531fceb2514e6ff5a5fe.png 

Source: http://www.atlantic10.com/pdf9/5456190.pdf

I have to admit that I'm disappointed and surprised that CBSSN and NBCSN aren't more up-to-date on who will be good in the A10 this year. It's like they just looked at the previous year's standings and worked off that.

Fox Sports Midwest will almost surely pick up the slack, but still you'd have though more than 4 conference games would have been picked up by those two partners.

50 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I have to admit that I'm disappointed and surprised that CBSSN and NBCSN aren't more up-to-date on who will be good in the A10 this year. It's like they just looked at the previous year's standings and worked off that.

Fox Sports Midwest will almost surely pick up the slack, but still you'd have though more than 4 conference games would have been picked up by those two partners.

You’d think the league office would also be more up to date. I’m not sure how much say they have in these games, but you’d think they would have an interest in the best of the A10 out there as much as possible. 

4 hours ago, kshoe said:

-I believe SLU pays FSMW to do those games, pretty costly on away games if the host team is not already producing and probably not cheap on the home games, either

-thanks to the sponsors of those games (mainly SLU), I hope we do get off to a roaring start with much publicity, fanfare and interest so if games weren't scheduled to be broadcast perhaps they can get picked up because more commercial time can be sold, unless the U is okay with that time being a commercial for itself then let's have all of them on the air

2 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

ASN (American Sports Network) dissolved this summer and merged in with 120 Sports and Campus Insiders - and is now known as Stadium. Hopefully it will stay free on the digital side and not require a subscription.

The plan I heard back a few months ago was for Sinclair TV stations to still broadcast those games and for Twitter to stream them live through Stadium.  

home games on TV dont interest me in the least.   im at the games.  why would i care.   i totally understand we have to pay to show games and the home games are cheaper to produce, but who is our audience for those games?   our loyal fans are like me at the game so we are hitting the sports nut just looking for a game on tv?   the few that cant afford to come to the game but consider themselves a billiken fan?  does that fan give us much hope as a booster down the road?    the problem is that the A10 is currently ignoring us on their schedule which i cant blame them considering the last three years.   we have to start winning again and then and only then do we have any leverage for anything.   folks crewsie killed us.  

Roy, I would say is the audience is the ever widening group of band wagon jumpers who follow a winner.  Where are all the folks who came to see us when Spoonball was all the rage?  There is a vast untapped audience who will follow a good team, especially if there isnt an NFL or if the Blues hiccough.  And I dont see the Bill's following and the Blues following overlapping very much.  I dont watch the Blues til the playoffs, anyway.

With continued success, like the recent great Majerus teams, kids will grow up loving SLU instead of any other team who tries to claim StL as their own.  It's marketing, and it pays off, especially when we turn the corner, and then keep Ford here after that.

mhg

The proud sponsor of Saint Louis' home BASKETBALL team

For those of us with season tickets, I bet that we get punished a bit by how nice and modern the facilities are at Chaifetz.  I assume it's a hassle, and more expensive, to set up a broadcast at a lot of other A-10 gyms than it is at the modern Chaifetz Arena.  Thus, networks like NBSSN prefer to do games there, and we end up not getting as many of our road games televised.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

For those of us with season tickets, I bet that we get punished a bit by how nice and modern the facilities are at Chaifetz.  I assume it's a hassle, and more expensive, to set up a broadcast at a lot of other A-10 gyms than it is at the modern Chaifetz Arena.  Thus, networks like NBSSN prefer to do games there, and we end up not getting as many of our road games televised.

That logic makes no sense to me.  More modern ought to mean easier to setup broadcasts, not harder.  Now being the geographic outlier in the A10 could be a more logical explanation.

By the way, my cable system still has ASN and is still broadcasting A10 stuff like soccer, volleyball, and even some field hockey this month.  So heres hoping the basketball coverage continues............

3 hours ago, FromDaEastSide said:

ASN (American Sports Network) dissolved this summer and merged in with 120 Sports and Campus Insiders - and is now known as Stadium. Hopefully it will stay free on the digital side and not require a subscription.

For those of us who don't pay for TV, I noticed that Stadium is now digital OTA channel 30-4 in St. Louis.