Message from Dr. P regarding STL community

From the outside looking in non-alumni I think Dr. Pestello is doing a good job.

I like what he has done for the Basketball program and it is trending up which what all we want on this site.

Dr. Postello cannot win either way he choses to handle DACA and the upcoming verdict because our country is split in half.

I am hoping for peaceful protests if the verdict goes that way and get by this and move on to an exciting basketball season that all sides will enjoy and come together on.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I recommend taking the day off.

I was at a charity event last night at the Four Seasons and driving there on 40 near Forest Park saw 3 military type helicopters flying in formation south over Forest Park and then 40. That was when I decided I would be working from home today instead of on the client site.

I have to imagine another Ferguson type situation putting St. Louis back in the national spotlight would be bad for the University. At some point families from out of town will have no appetite for sending kids to St. Louis.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I am hoping for peaceful protests if the verdict goes that way

St. Louis has a nice track record of handling these situations quite well.....

Maybe we can add extreme racial tension and the opportunity to see a good riot in our bid to get Amazon, I kid I kid.

8 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Dude, this is just f-ing awful.  

Oh come on. Like nobody has ever brought that statement to this board. I'll agree not pertinent to my legitimate reasons for disliking pestello but don't talk to me like you've never talked about someone being ugly. I drunk Billikens.commed sue me.

I read through Pestello's statement twice, and I can't imagine anything more neutral, cautious, and well-considered. He's inherited a lot of unwinnable situations and on the whole has handled them in a reasonable, gracious way, keeping in mind Jesuit principles and the needs of the thousands of students and staff he's managing. The internal issues are enough to be well beyond a full time job; I can't imagine having to deal with these particular external issues on top of that.

If Pestello triggers the alt right snowflake trolls like 05, then so be it. Some people are never going to be happy and need their safe spaces, like the worst corners of Reddit and 4chan. To call the guy a cuck and insult his wife on top of it is low, pathetic behavior and shows your true colors.

Just now, Pistol said:

If Pestello triggers the alt right snowflake trolls like 05, then so be it. Some people are never going to be happy and need their safe spaces, like the worst corners of Reddit and 4chan. To call someone a cuck and insult his wife on top of it is low, pathetic behavior and shows your true colors.

Hey congrats on completely generalizing me based on a single political belief. Very progressive of you. Maybe I should have mentioned my support of gay marriage. My mistake.

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Oh come on. Like nobody has ever brought that statement to this board. I'll agree not pertinent to my legitimate reasons for disliking pestello but don't talk to me like you've never talked about someone being ugly.

*Edited from "I was drunk what do you want"

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Hey congrats on completely generalizing me based on a single political belief. Very progressive of you. Maybe I should have mentioned my support of gay marriage. My mistake.

Not at all. My opinion of you has been formed based on a long pattern of behavior over many years.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Im sure this is hard for you to wrap your head around but people can change their beliefs. 

I'm well aware of that. You haven't shown that at all. I have no more patience for your behavior or (the majority of) your beliefs.

8 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I recommend taking the day off.

Can't do that.  Some of my people at work have to be at work according to the CEO.  Their jobs are considered vital to keeping the company functioning.  I just doesn't look right if they have to show up and I take the day off.

It was surreal to see a K9 cop going through the parking garage as I arrived.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Can't do that.  Some of my people at work have to be at work according to the CEO.  Their jobs are considered vital to keeping the company functioning.  I just doesn't look right if they have to show up and I take the day off.

It was surreal to see a K9 cop going through the parking garage as I arrived.

Wanna go halfsies on a chopper to airlift us out of here?

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Pretty close minded of you. You have no idea what I believe in. 

id rather read glorydays than your nonsense these days.  what are you doing going after some of the most beloved posters on this board like box and pistol, etc?   

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

id rather read glorydays than your nonsense these days.  what are you doing going after some of the most beloved posters on this board like box and pistol, etc?   

I would offer that they came after me on my opinion, minus the crack on pestellos wife. I deserved that criticism.

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Pretty close minded of you. You have no idea what I believe in. 

I know the things you've said here - one page before this, no less - and the things you've said to me and around me in person. If there's anything for me to agree with, it's hidden pretty deep.

9 minutes ago, LindellWest said:

Pestello always looks like he overslept for a meeting and is wearing a borrowed suit. I know appearance isn't everything, but it should at least be something. 

Biondi wore the same thing every day.

7 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Wanna go halfsies on a chopper to airlift us out of here?

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the most beloved posters on this board like box

Sounds like you've got your rescue man right here, Box. It might be more like a boat to get you over to the safe side of the river, though.