Off topic: Moderation

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

"Transfers and 2017 class"......... Now there's something to anticipate. I've talked a ton about Bess, which by the way no one had anything bad to say when he flipped from Akron to SLU, but have negative things to say when guys flip to Mizzou.

You talked "a ton" about Bess??? :blink: Another lie. Thanks to the wonderful archives on this board, it's really simple to fact check, especially when you only made 8 posts in Ford's first year. You had nothing to say at the time Bess committed. You also had nothing to say when Goodwin, French and the 2018 recruits committed. All great news for SLU fans, yet you were hiding under a rock during that time.

Take your act to the Cuonzo mancrush board.

13 hours ago, brianstl said:

Awful helicopter accident getting out of downtown.  Just horific. 

Brian, if you remember the news reports, box's body was never recovered.   it was always assumed he incinerated to a point of total nothingness.   but there have been reports a man resembling box has been cited throughout the country.   i've even been told by a friend of mine that works at NSA that it isnt unheard of that an accident like that is created to set up the new identity relocation of folks that agreed to "assist" the government in information sorts.   my point is that it wouldnt surprise me a bit if box is alive and doing well someplace you'd least expect like say salina.   who knows.  

brianstl likes this

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

Brian, if you remember the news reports, box's body was never recovered.   it was always assumed he incinerated to a point of total nothingness.   but there have been reports a man resembling box has been cited throughout the country.   i've even been told by a friend of mine that works at NSA that it isnt unheard of that an accident like that is created to set up the new identity relocation of folks that agreed to "assist" the government in information sorts.   my point is that it wouldnt surprise me a bit if box is alive and doing well someplace you'd least expect like say salina.   who knows.  

Shiite, Box is the real life Jason Bourne. 

4 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

3 of Ford's freshman commitments have been local, and that will hopefully not change and will be the feeder system for a successful program.

And SLU fans like that because it helps the SLU program. Others appear to like it only because it helps the local high school programs, and would be just as happy if the local kids went to Mizzou or some other D1 school. It's clear which one is your priority.

slufan13 likes this

Reminds me of the anecdote of the Board members of a company that proudly wore jackets with the letters F D A on them. They got the jackets after Steve Jobs broke into one of their board meetings to call them: "F-ck-ng D-ckless As-holes" and then turned around and left the meeting. True story, it is in Jobs biography.

31 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Hey, what happened to the plus/minus scores??  I was watching to see if a certain someone could get to triple figures by the end of the week.

I removed the overall ratings from being visible on users profiles.  I am still debating how to (or even if to) use the reputation system.   Posters can still like and dislike posts.  And users reputations will change, but they will be less public (you can still see who likes and dislikes).  But with it being less public, posters with low rankings are not necessarily given a scarlet letter.  However - at least for now - if someone's reputation gets too low, they will have posting restrictions applied to them.  If you want to see who is getting a lot of likes, look at the leaderboard link at the top of the page.

Overall, I do not want it to become a system to ostracize posters, but I do recognize that I do not moderate strongly enough to discourage some posters from taking good conversations off the rails.  Rich noted that a similar system is called "Mob rule" on Tigerboard, and largely, I do not want mob mentalities on Billikens.com.  With this, no decisions are really final yet.  I am playing around a bit.

Again - I am just playing around with this system to see if it can be of some use.  For example, now a newly registered member will have to wait 10 days or receive 10 likes before they can post more than 5 posts a day.   I am more optimistic we will keep this feature (if we keep the reputation system).

22 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Like I said, it's complicated.  I awoke in a hospital bed, my wrists chained to the rails.  I could not remember my name, and I did not know where I was (I would later learn I was in Salina).

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

Like I said, it's complicated.  I awoke in a hospital bed, my wrists chained to the rails.  I could not remember my name, and I did not know where I was (I would later learn I was in Salina).

He is Box Bourne!