Off topic: Moderation

36 minutes ago, Pistol said:

As a thank you for answering quickly, I would heart this post if you allowed me to do so, but I guess you don't care about your reputation around here.

It would just be a waste of everyone's time to rate my posts.  All would be liked!  B)  More seriously, I believe I have disabled the ability to "rate" moderators.

25 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

What's the difference between a "like" and "good post"? Is one better than the other? I need to know so that I can properly affirm my fellow board members.

There is no real difference.  I originally thought I could not disable "Like" but wanted "Good Post" v. "Bad Post" v. "Troll."  I, however, just edited "Like" to be "Good Post."  Hopefully this is more straightforward/balanced.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also going to throw a disclaimer out there that I will likely be tweaking with the system a fair bit.  I don't want a small group of posters to mob away others.  With this, I may put some more restrictions on how many "reactions" one can have in a day.  Or you may have to earn the ability to react (e.g. your own reputation must be high enough to rate others).  Still brainstorming.  Welcome feedback.

15 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

It was awful. And yes I'm a huge Martin supporter. That makes me less of a Billikens fan?  

Ford's first year was "awful"? :blink:  I think SLU fans would disagree. Since you only had 8 posts during that time frame, you may have missed it, but the mood on the board was generally very positive - a lot of good news with Ford quickly overhauling the roster, not only with some promising transfers, but quality local recruits. Yet you were nowhere to be found to share in the good news!

2 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

The board wasn't awful, the team wasn't awful. The year of Hines seems to have tugged at some heart strings, but I was always waiting on the transfers and 2017 recruiting class.

You were waiting on the 2017 class before posting? That makes no sense. You didn't wait on Martin and his recruits to begin posting at a feverish pace about it.

1 minute ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

"Transfers and 2017 class"......... Now there's something to anticipate. I've talked a ton about Bess, which by the way no one had anything bad to say when he flipped from Akron to SLU, but have negative things to say when guys flip to Mizzou.

Bess left MSU, reportedly committed to Akron on May 15, reportedly decommitted on May 20, and committed to SLU on June 2.

Everything happening in a short time span like that it seems highly likely that a reporter jumped the gun after talking with someone connected to Bess and that Bess never actually committed to Akron.  He "never acknowledged the [Akron] commitment on social media and didn't sign paperwork with the school."

Contrast that with Cuonzo who has gotten guys who have previously signed LOIs or previously had a verbal commitment that they publicly announced on social media.

majerus mojo likes this

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

"Transfers and 2017 class"......... Now there's something to anticipate. I've talked a ton about Bess, which by the way no one had anything bad to say when he flipped from Akron to SLU, but have negative things to say when guys flip to Mizzou.

This a perfect example of your relentlessness in antagonizing Billikens fans. What are you hoping to get out of this? If a bunch of anonymous posters on a message board said "You're right. Cuonzo Martin is a great man and an upstanding coach" would that let you sleep well at night? 

2 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

V-Time.  Stop with the Bess comments.  Commenting favorably about a SLU recruit does not make someone a Billiken basketball fan.  Interviewing a Billiken player or recruit and then saying something nice about them does not make you a fan either.  Living and dying with a team/program makes you a fan.  And yes, job, family and other commitments can take a fan out of town and/or prevent you from attending/watching/listening to games but not following or posting is a much better indicator.  Also, KM's reinstatement was important and at the beginning of the NCAA years which extended through the death of RM and then with Crews -- and again, more silence from you.  But as to Bess, you met and got your picture taken with Tom Izzo and now act like you are an expert as his former player - Bess.  Again, you are free to post your comments about Bess and other kids, some items you post are actually appreciated, but finding the same after sifting through all the local high school posts and now the Martin/Mizzou posts is tedious.

7 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

I am also going to throw a disclaimer out there that I will likely be tweaking with the system a fair bit.  I don't want a small group of posters to mob away others.  With this, I may put some more restrictions on how many "reactions" one can have in a day.  Or you may have to earn the ability to react (e.g. your own reputation must be high enough to rate others).  Still brainstorming.  Welcome feedback.

I must say that I'm "liking" this "good post" function so far.  Nice add.  Now I don't have to type in +1 to all of Ace's posts.

12 minutes ago, SShoe said:

I must say that I'm "liking" this "good post" function so far.  Nice add.  Now I don't have to type in +1 to all of Ace's posts.

+1 Thanks my man, right back at ya... I still like the old school +1, but this new feature has some potential.

51 minutes ago, SShoe said:

35 minutes ago, ACE said:

+1 Thanks my man, right back at ya... I still like the old school +1, but this new feature has some potential.

Get a room guys. I’ve been spending some likes on historic posts. Might I recommend the best post ever made. 

http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15829-refs/&do=findComment&comment=173436

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

41 minutes ago, bonwich said:

DUI celebrating his birthday. 

It's been a hard week for Box. First the skirting on his trailer caught fire burning the loveseat and recliner that he had just moved out to the porch. Next his Sudafed dealer got locked up for impersonating a cop while stealing an 83 Chevy Camaro Berlinetta. And lastly got word that his degree from Mercury online college was declared invalid after his Mom turned him in for having a friend take his GED test for him. Hang in there Box, it'll get better

drkelsey55 likes this

19 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

Thicks is right in one respect. I'm now convinced the local high school fans are more annoying than the Mizzou fans.

3 of Ford's freshman commitments have been local, and that will hopefully not change and will be the feeder system for a successful program.

19 hours ago, NH said:

This a perfect example of your relentlessness in antagonizing Billikens fans. What are you hoping to get out of this? If a bunch of anonymous posters on a message board said "You're right. Cuonzo Martin is a great man and an upstanding coach" would that let you sleep well at night? 

Yes.