Under the Bridge: Where distracting posts about trolling go

RiseAndGrind

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

@SluSignGuy Is there a limit on the Ignore List, in terms of how many users I can add? I'm well into page 6 of ignored users and I'd hate to run out of room.

Just a general reminder for everyone: the Ignore List function works extremely well.

Quick tutorial: Click on your profile drop-down in the top right corner, choose "Ignored Users", search a user's name, and click on it when it shows up, check the boxes you want (posts, signature, messages, and/or mentions), and click "Add User" - and I promise your experience here will be dramatically improved.

I added 6 new names this morning.

Thank you, Pistol.  Somebody gets it!  Also, I'd like to nominate you to be another moderator, if you're interested.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Try the ignore feature.  It seems to me that you don't want someone to moderate, but you want someone to dictate content — to manage propaganda according to your agenda.  Might as well just go back to e-mail groups!

Two insecure fan bases!  Y'all putting a moderator between a rock and a hard place!  Some insecure, wannabe Power-5 fans of another team, trying to strong-arm a SLU recruit into flipping to their school — I honestly don't think Martin is trying to flip him, though he'll swoop in like a vulture if the deluded fans he and his school enables actually manage to cyber-bully Carte'Are into re-opening his recruitment — come in here yesterday with their kindergarten smack talk yesterday then run back to Tigerboard to call Bills fans insufferable.  As if SLU fans were supposed to say, "Yessuh, Mizzou master, suh!  We's sorry we withheld a four-star recruit from you.  You deserve him; take him, he's yours.  Just please allow us to remain in your shadow and have just a smidgen of your glory!"  Unbelievable!

Go on, you weak-kneed wannabes!  Crawl back to your stone-age, unreadable message board and tell all your snotty-nosed fellow Tiger fans just how "insufferable" SLU fans are so you can all have a good cry together.

But then the SLU fans here have been traumatized.  So much so, that they're threatening to quit.  I can understand not taking the battle to their own turf — because their board is so poorly designed that its not worth the time — but don't budge an inch here.  Keeping them from joining and posting doesn't send the proper message.  It just makes SLU fans look every bit as insecure as they are!  I understand you don't wade through Mizzou-loving posts; that's what the ignore feature is for.  But trying to keep them out or turning your back on the forum because of their presence — which will be short-lived — only lets them feel like they've won.

Mizzou fans have a major ego that they don't even come close to deserving, trying to pull eminent domain with a Billikens recruit, but it's almost as bad how SLU fans have such an inferiority complex.  Look, SLU has hired a coach who knows how to navigate these waters; trust him.  And if the Mizzou fans are tweaking Carte'Are — and I think he's tweaking them back, frankly — why not take the battle to them there?  He tweeted something like, "All props to the Man above," so a Mizzou fan tweeted a reply with a picture of a tiger, "Waiting for some good news."  The proper response would be for a SLU fan to reply, "The good news (Gospel) is that Jesus saves! #Jesuits #SLU #Man4Others #GoBillikens."  Carte'Are's description on Twitter says, "In God's Name I Play."  Well, what better place than at a (formerly) religion-based school?  Certainly not among the heathen at Mizzou!  When the Gentile Mizzou fans start rising up, the faithful SLU fans should have a response.  Anything they can do, SLU fans can do.  And SLU fans can probably be more subtle and avoid the gray areas the way Mizzou fans can help themselves but tread in.

All's fair in war and basketball recruiting.  (Sorry for the length; had to get this off my chest.)

I'm not advocating for not letting them join. But if all they are doing is inciting bull**** and ruining threads then something has to be done. 

This is not light trolling. Light trolling is making fun of losing to norfolk st. Or little sisters of the poor. This is our best recruit since Larry Hughes and the future of our program. So with all due respect Thicks, which I'm not sure is much, GO FUOK YOURSELF. I'm done with this board, I know multiple other large quantity posters that are done. Good job Mr. Moderator.

Just now, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Thank you, Pistol.  Somebody gets it!  Also, I'd like to nominate you to be another moderator, if you're interested.

I don't think I could do that to myself. Especially not right now!

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm not advocating for not letting them join. But if all they are doing is inciting bull**** and ruining threads then something has to be done. 

This is not light trolling. Light trolling is making fun of losing to norfolk st. Or little sisters of the poor. This is our best recruit since Larry Hughes and the future of our program. So with all due respect Thicks, which I'm not sure is much, GO FUOK YOURSELF. I'm done with this board, I know multiple other large quantity posters that are done. Good job Mr. Moderator.

200.gif

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The thing is, the mess and ruining threads here isn't the problem; they're filling up Gordon's Twitter feed.  That's where the problem is.  Misdirecting your anger at me doesn't help.  Nor does allowing yourself to be bullied.

Just now, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The thing is, the mess and ruining threads here isn't the problem; they're filling up Gordon's Twitter feed.  That's where the problem is.  Misdirecting your anger at me doesn't help.  Nor does allowing yourself to be bullied.

Victim blaming. Nice Thicks. Can we get more of your takes on homosexuality in womens basketball?

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

I'd rather Mizzou folks not post here, but I'm not going to be a baby about it. F'ck that. 

Now we got personal insults against Fellow Billiken fans. Way to go guys. I admit I can't help myself making fun of Mizzou (it's too easy) but come on with the friendly fire 

Thicks advocates for attacking mizzou fans back but locked and deleted a thread for that purpose started by GloryRavs. A lot of mixed message being sent.

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Victim blaming. Nice Thicks. Can we get more of your takes on homosexuality in womens basketball?

Stop being a punk.  These Boone County Puntos can't win a Battle of wits.  They never won a damn thing.  Even if they could Poach our recruit they're one protest, arrest, atv crash, or other scandal away from slipping further into mediocrity.

SPUMAC gonna SPUMAC

6 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I'd rather Mizzou folks not post here, but I'm not going to be a baby about it. F'ck that. 

Now we got personal insults against Fellow Billiken fans. Way to go guys. I admit I can't help myself making fun of Mizzou (it's too easy) but come on with the friendly fire 

Yea it is so easy to ignore the Mizzou fans.  All they want is to get under the skin of Billiken fans, why let them?  I find it funny personally because it's so pathetic.  Look at tigerboard and the amount of SLU posts there right now, it's crazy.  When Duke got Tatum did you see a bunch of them posting on here?  Of course not because they actually win things.  The biggest win a Mizzou fan can have is a recruiting battle which odds are will end up with a NCAA investigation in a year or two because that's what always happens to them.  

8 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Stop being a punk.  These Boone County Puntos can't win a Battle of wits.  They never won a damn thing.  Even if they could Poach our recruit they're one pretest, arrest or other scandal away from slipping further into mediocrity.

SPUMAC gonna SPUMAC

That's what I'm talking about!  But one of our best marksmen is focused on me.

Some poster on Tigerboard made a response to some TB poster, saying, "BillikenFan05, is that you?"  So I said, "With 55,000 Tigerboard posts?"  And I'm on that morass defending SLU the best I can, yet my fan-teammates are sniping at me here.

As citizens of a super-power nation, we shouldn't be begging to keep our board as a safe space when we have the weaponry to rout the enemy back.

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Thicks advocates for attacking mizzou fans back but locked and deleted a thread for that purpose started by GloryRavs. A lot of mixed message being sent.

My problem with that post was the title, "Stupid talk about Mizzou thread," and its lack of real relevance.  It's actually still there and I could unlock it and unhide it.  SignGuy and Nark could do it, as well.  I'm not the only moderator!

The title seemed a passive-aggressive shot against the management.  Do better.  Anyone can start another anti-Mizzou thread, but do it in a manner that attacks Mizzou fans rather than billikens.com moderation.  How about, "Your coach is so worried about St. Louis recruiting...."

Genghis Cuon is so worried about St. Louis recruiting that he's bribing the Zou Crew to tweet at Carte'Are Gordon with slices of pizza!

Then SLU fans will be going toe-to-toe with the wannabe big boys.

• Quality Is Job 1 changed the title to Recruiting War '18: Who's turf? SLU'S TURF
47 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Somebody started an anti-Mizzou thread the other day and it got deleted. So are we supposed to be anti-Mizzou or not?

Yeah, I'm a little confused. The moderator is now saying we should trash talk back against the Mizzou trolls? After weeks of saying the problem was really our fault because we didn't just ignore the Mizzou trolls?

It almost sounds like the moderator himself is trolling the message board regulars when he says stuff like "Send 'em back to Boone County; I know you can do it!"

14 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Yeah, I'm a little confused. The moderator is now saying we should trash talk back against the Mizzou trolls? After weeks of saying the problem was really our fault because we didn't just ignore the Mizzou trolls?

It almost sounds like the moderator himself is trolling the message board regulars when he says stuff like "Send 'em back to Boone County; I know you can do it!"

This is a good point.  I will rename again.

• SluSignGuy changed the title to Under the Bridge: Where distracting posts about trolling go