Athlon's Preview is Out!!

BLIKNS

SLU was picked 8th.  That's more in line with what I expect from the national writers.

La Salle was picked 5th.  They certainly have the talent to finish that high.  The Explorers always seem to have chemistry issues, though.  I trace that back to the coach.  George Mason was picked 10th.  That's about where I would have picked them, too.  They've got a very point guard and a good shooting guard but they've lost a ton of rebounding and have one of the weakest frontcourts in the conference.

They may very well do so if all comes together the way we all hope it will be. The rating of 8 given to us is very conservative and probably (or should I  say hopefully) not realistic, we can be better than that for the season. We will know for sure as the season progresses.

Not surprised.  I still expect better.  As an East Coast guy, I can read a lot on Sgt.Joe's and La Salle.  But injuries can kill you as they did the Joey's last year.  And La Salle is better without Jordan Price.  But Gianinni is an idiot in my book.  Not that far removed from [dead].  But based on what you know, these picks are okay by me.  Proof is in the pudding.  Much like the Top 144, Athlon's opens discussion points. That is all.

Just returned from food shopping at Kroger. Headed over to the magazine rack and checked out Althon College Basketball review. 

This mag did no research into A10. Really very shallow. Just kind of based it off last year. As mentioned, has us down as 8th.

And they charge $10 for this.