Good places to eat before soccer games?

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Definitely the Fieldhouse. 

Fried pickles followed by the Big Fish sandwich.

(Coach Ford has his weekly radio shows from there starting January.)

I'm also a fan of the lahvosh, smothered chicken, and mac & cheese. Can't go wrong really.

Incidentally, I am surprised that there is no longer a Papa John's or Domino's truck at the games.  It would be interesting to know if that is just economics or if the administration changed their policies.  I would think that a food truck would do well, though maybe the food service did not want competition and the administration obliged.

1 minute ago, WUH said:

Incidentally, I am surprised that there is no longer a Papa John's or Domino's truck at the games.  It would be interesting to know if that is just economics or if the administration changed their policies.  I would think that a food truck would do well, though maybe the food service did not want competition and the administration obliged.

Probably just a sponsorship related deal. Papa or Dominos might have dropped their sponsorship of SLU athletics. 

2 hours ago, WUH said:

They have a Lion's Choice truck now. Major upgrade, IMO.

That makes a lot of sense about the sponsorship.

I missed the Lion's Choice truck, but I like that a lot.

The Busch Student Center has a Chick-Fil-A according to the website.  That is a good option too.  One of these days I am going to eat in the new Grand Hall dining facility.

26 minutes ago, WUH said:

That makes a lot of sense about the sponsorship.

I missed the Lion's Choice truck, but I like that a lot.

The Busch Student Center has a Chick-Fil-A according to the website.  That is a good option too.  One of these days I am going to eat in the new Grand Hall dining facility.

part of me is jealous of the Chick-Fil-A..... but you cant put a price on the Triple Crunch Zingers I got to enjoy at KFC express in Fusz, high as hell

18 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

part of me is jealous of the Chick-Fil-A..... but you cant put a price on the Triple Crunch Zingers I got to enjoy at KFC express in Fusz, high as hell

I am not exactly sure why, but I have not laughed so hard at a Billikens.com post is a long time.  Thanks for that.