OT: Tatum cashes in

bonwich

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fantastic. Athletes doing local commercials = one of my favorite things in the world.

I was holding out hope that Tatum would eventually do something for Imo's, but didn't expect it so soon. In an era when every athlete is super image-conscious and focused on brand building, it's refreshing to see a 19-year-old NBA soon-to-be star just be like "This local pizza chain in my hometown is my favorite, so I'm going to pop for them." No question it has more to do with affinity than financial considerations. I'm hoping he did it for a lifetime supply arrangement.

18 hours ago, Billboy1 said:

Who's this Tatum person?

Jayson Tatum. I'm shocked you haven't heard of him. He's from Saint Louis and played high school basketball at Chaminade. He was a McDonalds All American in 2016. He went on to play for Duke and recently was drafted number 3 overall in the NBA Draft.  He was conceived while his father Justin was a basketball player for the very same Billikens that this site is named after.  

4 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Jayson Tatum. I'm shocked you haven't heard of him. He's from Saint Louis and played high school basketball at Chaminade. He was a McDonalds All American in 2016. He went on to play for Duke and recently was drafted number 3 overall in the NBA Draft.  He was conceived while his father Justin was a basketball player for the very same Billikens that this site is named after.  

It's not in blue. Maybe he just forgot. :) 

17 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

We had a long long thread about him maybe attending most here's alma mater to which we all spend way too much time obsessing over their historically mediocre men's college basketball team which till a few years back was only D1 team situated in metro area in either of the 2 by far most popular college sports.

29 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Psst!  He's heard of him.  The question was asked with rhetorical sarcasm.  It meant, "He didn't choose SLU, so I don't care about him."  Why waste your keystrokes explaining something someone already knows?  (I hope I'm not doing the same thing!)  One thing about reading internet text is that it's harder to tell when someone's tongue is in their cheek.  But it is possible.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I think we recruited him when Crews was here.

I think that if Ford had been the HC when he was being recruited he might have come here. Unfortunately the HC was Crews at that time, enough said, he simply could not come here. I am convinced that Tatum had very positive feelings for SLU and for St. Louis and would have liked to stay here but it simply was not possible for him to do so.

22 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I think that if Ford had been the HC when he was being recruited he might have come here. Unfortunately the HC was Crews at that time, enough said, he simply could not come here. I am convinced that Tatum had very positive feelings for SLU and for St. Louis and would have liked to stay here but it simply was not possible for him to do so.

He has been hanging out with the SLU basketball team this summer

36 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

He has been hanging out with the SLU basketball team this summer

It’s the basketball equivalent of being in the friend zone! Great success. 

On a Tatum note - his situation just got better long term but probably a little less opportunity for him short term. Kyrie is a wiener but that Boston team looks like the best team in the east at this point.