OT: Cue Pitbull

bonwich

Joe  Can you give us a short review of her other restaurant and how the new one may compare?  My wife and I have watched the contractor vans parked outside for weeks turning the location from an Einsteins. We hope to dine there soon ourselves!

We went to the Katie's in Rock HIll.  Four of us each got an individual pizza.  I don't think any of the four were impressed.  Way too much sodium on all of the pizza's.  We left probably 1/3 of the total order on the table - no one interested in boxing it up and having it later.  And the bill was too high; just under $100 with four pizzas, drinks and tip.  Place was noisy, but many of you will enjoy that.  It was hard having a conversation without yelling. 

What was impressive was the salad and pasta dishes being served to others seated around us.  If there is a next time,  I'll try one of those.  In my opinion, there are better pizza opportunities in STL. 

I will say it was a popular place.  Had to wait for outdoor seating where a singer was performing, so we took a table indoors.  So obviously there are many who don't share my opinion.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Don't order pizza, the pastas are outstanding.

@bonwichare you saying Pitbull was at the new Katie's Pizza and Pasta? Her husband, Ted Collier, looks quite a bit like Pitbull, so I assume that would be who people saw. He does a lot of the art that is displayed around her restaurants.

The report I got was that Pitbull was seated at a table eating along with three bodyguards. I shall tweak the reporter to see if he was pulling legs on Facebook, but that's not his usual style.