SLU Soccer 2017

SLUBALLS

7 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

I guess nobody is going to bother pointing out Tilkowsky said he lives in Springfield, MO, but this article says he lived in Springfield, IL (home of Illinois State and much closer to StL)?

Apology accepted for posting a faulty link, Tilkowsky.

Fixed. No need to apologize. Waiting on other apologies and proof he lives in St. Louis. Still haven't seen that.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

I guess nobody is going to bother pointing out Tilkowsky said he lives in Springfield, MO, but this article says he lived in Springfield, IL (home of Illinois State and much closer to StL)?

Apology accepted for posting a faulty link, Tilkowsky.

Most people have TrollPants on Ignore. 

But your copy is funny, TrollPants doesn't know the difference between Springfield IL and Springfield MO?

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Most people have TrollPants on Ignore. 

But your copy is funny, TrollPants doesn't know the difference between Springfield IL and Springfield MO?

There are others who made the same mistake yet you don't diss them. Why?

Stillhave seen no proof thatMcGinty lives in Saint Louis.

Maybe we can get back to why SLU is so bad?

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

McGinty's son went to Kirkwood High and his hometown is St Louis. Do you think McGinty's whole family lived in St Louis and McGinty stayed in Springfield by himself?

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211637808&DB_OEM_ID=27200 

They could have had multiple houses correct?

People said there was no way he lived in Springfield, yet my link proved they were wrong.

No one has admitted they were wrong as of yet.

19 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

I didn't see his name at all when I pulled up the link.

Well, no. It's a search engine that allows you to see the property records of everyone who lives in St. Louis County. That's what the "Name" field is for on the lower left. We do expect you to do some of your own work. 

OK, this is the last time I will remind people that you are engaging with a troll.  The only goal of a troll is to get others to respond.  And others are responding in kind.

The troll has a three pronged approach to hook others:

• Say something nice.
  • Ask a question.
  • Say something controversial or undeniably wrong.

Let's please stop feeding the troll.

3 hours ago, bonwich said:

Well, no. It's a search engine that allows you to see the property records of everyone who lives in St. Louis County. That's what the "Name" field is for on the lower left. We do expect you to do some of your own work. 

It is not my work to do.

I have proven my point - you haven't.

3 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

Seriously can we get a new soccer coach. Been following SLU soccer for 4 years now and it's undoubtedly and absolutely a mediocre program and getting worse. Yes, we've played only ranked teams, but the fact that we have lost all three tells us we aren't close to that level.

From what I have heard on this board SLU can't afford another coach - which is sad considering what they charge for tuition at that school now.

Just goes to show that the administration doesn't care about soccer at all.

I guess the hope of them going 3-3 is disappearing fast.

SLUBalls won't be back.

3 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

Seriously can we get a new soccer coach. Been following SLU soccer for 4 years now and it's undoubtedly and absolutely a mediocre program and getting worse. Yes, we've played only ranked teams, but the fact that we have lost all three tells us we aren't close to that level.

Look, I'm not a McGinty apologist by any stretch of the imagination but I think this season will be judged on what we do in conference. I think everyone knew we didn't have the horses this year to compete with the top 25. This non-conference has been about getting the team ready to be the team to beat in the A-10. 

As it pertains to McGinty's tenure here, he has done a fairly good job. 2 NCAA tournaments. Only 1 losing season. You have to realize that the last time SLU won a national championship was over 40 years ago and you can't really place the same standards on a coach in this current NCAA soccer landscape. If SLU duffs the conference season then come back and call for McGinty's head

I think Wake Forest was the best team I have seen in the McGinty era and one of the best college teams I have ever seen...

They were an absolute pleasure to watch.

PS if you disagree, it probably means that you have seen far more Division I soccer than I.

59 minutes ago, WUH said:

I think Wake Forest was the best team I have seen in the McGinty era and one of the best college teams I have ever seen...

They were an absolute pleasure to watch.

PS if you disagree, it probably means that you have seen far more Division I soccer than I.

100%. So good on the ball. Won every 50/50 tackle. Incredibly dangerous in transition. 

5 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

As it pertains to McGinty's tenure here, he has done a fairly good job. 2 NCAA tournaments. Only 1 losing season. You have to realize that the last time SLU won a national championship was over 40 years ago and you can't really place the same standards on a coach in this current NCAA soccer landscape. If SLU duffs the conference season then come back and call for McGinty's head

I don't think it's a fairly good job.  SLU chokes in the tourney, if they get there.  Can we get Bob Warming back?  Last SLU Final 4 Appearance was when I was a student 1997 under Warming.  At this point I'd take Dan Donigan back.