Travis Ford On 590

6 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Roby, Roby, Roby. I still don't understand why one poster in particular said he wouldn't get off the bench this season due to Bess being on the Squad. I guess Coach Ford has a different set of criteria than this self proclaimed expert talent evaluator. 

I will say you have backed off your initial ludicrous statement of bench time for Roby. Now you admit Roby will be a good role player. Yeah as in offense, defense and leadership roles. 

I never said he shouldn't get off the bench, I said the new guys should play the most and that Bess was better than him despite his numbers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

It's the only thing we have.  Everybody is pumped for the season with nothing happening right now.  My game plan for the weekend:  Hoosiers  and Blue Chips and none of the depressing hoop dreams shiite

Depressing? Agee's rise from a diminutive afterthought in the shadow of Gates to a massive growth spurt and Cinderella run in  the state playoffs. A true underdog story. It's like the Chicago version of Rudy 

49 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Depressing? Agee's rise from a diminutive afterthought in the shadow of Gates to a massive growth spurt and Cinderella run in  the state playoffs. A true underdog story. It's like the Chicago version of Rudy 

The journey is pretty depressing.

2 hours ago, kshoe said:

Blue Chips is pretty depressing as it goes along. tony was shaving points and coach Bell only won because he cheated as Happy bought cars, tractors and houses for the recruits. Only thing missing was hiring dads of 5-star prospects.

I liked the ending although there were definitely depressing moments in the story...... 

17 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I'm curious, do you think they were the exceptions or the rule when it comes to most high school recruits/ major college basketball players?

As a MBM with no actual knowledge what-so-ever believe that most coaches get pretty slimy from time to time but not slimy enough to pay players.  Jobs for mom and dad maybe but not straight cash payoffs.....certainly not at the A-10 level...... 

17 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I'm curious, do you think they were the exceptions or the rule when it comes to most high school recruits/ major college basketball players?

The rule.  I was a D-3 recruit, and the coach showed up at my house with a duffle bag full of cash, and then my dad got a new tractor. We didn't even have a farm!  Crazy.

2 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

The rule.  I was a D-3 recruit, and the coach showed up at my house with a duffle bag full of cash, and then my dad got a new tractor. We didn't even have a farm!  Crazy.

Recruitin' for one of them aggie schools was he?

On 8/12/2017 at 10:40 AM, Billiken Rich said:

As a MBM with no actual knowledge what-so-ever believe that most coaches get pretty slimy from time to time but not slimy enough to pay players. 

They don't pay the players they pay the parents.

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2017 at 12:12 PM, TheChosenOne said:

This may be lame, but would the board be up for some sort of billikens.com tailgate before one of the games early in the season? I think we are as excited as we have been since Mitchell/Conklin/Jett/Evans/McCall and the boys, so the fist fights between posters should be limited.

Anyone still interested in getting together for a tailgate?

5 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Anyone still interested in getting together for a tailgate?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...